Page 1 of 1
Fuel tap fix
Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:28 am
by OzzieDave
After reading the forum for a fix to the tap leaking, I have done the following.
Purchased a viton o'ring from BSC (Bearing and Power Transmission Solutions), Lonsdale, SA
5x2 size, stretched the spring behind the diaphragm to 40mm (as mentioned in a post) and now have no leaks.
Also glued the elbow in using JB Weld.
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:07 am
by powerfish_2000
Thankyou Dave. Just grabbed some JB Weld and will give it a go this evening.
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:46 am
by OzzieDave
Well, the JB Weld has let go, even though it says fuel resistant. I may try some teflon tape soon, see if that will hold.
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:18 am
by Tarwetijger
I used something called "liquid metal" but I'm not sure if that translates well.
Like this
Or this.
Oh I see JB Weld is also 2 components stuff.
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:10 pm
by Ragnar
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 am
by cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Just place a cable ties around it tap outlet and pull it up to lock it in position.. Won't go anywhere...
Re: Fuel tap fix
Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:27 pm
by Davo231481
OzzieDave wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:46 am
Well, the JB Weld has let go, even though it says fuel resistant. I may try some teflon tape soon, see if that will hold.
Loctite 515 should be good.