Rust remover

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

ricr378
TRX-Enthusiast

Rust remover

Post by ricr378 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am

I bought some of this stuff a few weeks ago and it really works. I was a bit sceptical as I have heard of some miracle potions before but I took a punt (not a cheap punt at $100 for some of the concentrate plus the gel) and I am happy to say that it works a treat. The guy said he has a customer that fixes up old minis and has a vat of the stuff that he drops whole sub frames into and pulls them out a day later rust free. I now have a 5 litre container of the stuff in the shed that I can toss any rusty parts into for cleaning up, no elbow grease requires :D

http://www.rustsolutions.com.au

wreckage
Site Sponsor

Re: Rust remover

Post by wreckage » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:53 am

Great tip! Thanks. :)
Wherever you go, there you are.
:riding:

ricr378
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by ricr378 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:30 am

No worries Wreckage. I don't work for them (honest!) I was just so impressed with the stuff I think it deserves a shout out. Anybody else got any good stuff for restoring/maintaining the finish on a bike? Trixed mentioned something for rubbing into metal surfaces to protect them from the elements. He said he polished up a swing arm and it kept nice and shiny.

wreckage
Site Sponsor

Post by wreckage » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Yes, I'd like to know what's a good alloy cleaner. Back in my day we used a thing called 'Goddard's Glow' but it doesn't seem to exist any more.
My fork trees really need a polish!
:)

Craigs902
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Craigs902 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:25 pm

I know that was the best stuff but haven't seen that for 15yrs the only stuff we have now that i know of is Autosol.

http://autosol.com.au/

I would like to know if there is anything out there as well that is better than this stuff.
I believe in G.O.D (Growing Old Disgracefully)

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Post by ekoja » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 am

This product has an unusual name but really works on alloy wheels. maybe good for other bits and pieces as well.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PURPLE-METAL ... 0588566781
They also have a oxidisation remover which if you need it you put on before the polish
http://www.californiacustom.com.au/cali ... tal-polish

Trixed
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trixed » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:38 pm

ricr378 wrote:No worries Wreckage. I don't work for them (honest!) I was just so impressed with the stuff I think it deserves a shout out. Anybody else got any good stuff for restoring/maintaining the finish on a bike? Trixed mentioned something for rubbing into metal surfaces to protect them from the elements. He said he polished up a swing arm and it kept nice and shiny.
The product is Protectaclear. www.everbritecoatings.com

I polished the swing arm and used a marine grade polish after sanding down with several different grit paper. Will post the name of the polish later. Protects learn went nice and easy and leaves an invisible shiny layer. U can take off with just a wipe of isopropyl alcohol.

Still have almost a full bottle left as it does not take much to coat things.
It is time to rev your hearts!

ricr378
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by ricr378 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks Trixed I have just placed an order for some. Reckon it could last a while as they say it will cover 25 square of metal. Might have to order some of that purple stuff too.

Trixed
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Trixed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:04 pm

ricr378 wrote:Thanks Trixed I have just placed an order for some. Reckon it could last a while as they say it will cover 25 square of metal. Might have to order some of that purple stuff too.
The other polish is mirrorfinish and it works better than any polish I ve used. Made in ormeau on the Gold Coast too. The website has good images that speak for themselves.

www.mirrorfinish.com.au
It is time to rev your hearts!

wreckage
Site Sponsor

Post by wreckage » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 am

Trixed wrote: The other polish is mirrorfinish

http://www.mirrorfinish.com.au

I've ordered my Mirrorfinish.. !! Thanks, Udaysen.

blackrexy
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by blackrexy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 am

Really odd, but for all rust removal on chrome parts of my bike I used Coke (yes, the soft drink). I use diet coke because it's not sticky. If you don't believe me google it. It will work (on chrome at least) better than anything mentioned here so far.