FCR TUNING MANUAL

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

FCR TUNING MANUAL

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 am

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_tun ... s,Pat.html

Excellent reading and gives you a good understanding and steps to tuning your FCR's.
Explains the purpose of all you jets and the interaction with each other and which jets to set first.

The bottom link gives you and exploded view of the FCR and part numbers for reference
http://www.allensperformance.com/exp-fcrd1.html
laughter is the best medicine

Excalibre
Site Sponsor

Re: FCR TUNING MANUAL

Post by Excalibre » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Nice find Cobba :thumbright:
Black '99: Race Tech fork springs/emulators, R6 Shock, FCR41's, Modified airbox with K&N filter, Omrae carbon mufflers, R1 brakes, Toby steering damper, and;
Black '01: unmodified, 100% original, and;
'95 Import: Track Bike - too much to list

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:00 am

Found a cheap set of 145 main jets on e/bay the other week, a keyster brand ....obvious a copy of the Keihin option.
Under 5 usd each....so for 10.50 Usd plus post, sent the order off.
A week later and fitted for my run up Springbrook today, ....much better..power still there and no sooty unburnt fuel smoke under full throttle.
Found cold starts still easy and a lighter exhaust colour.
So the tip is ..the keyster 145 mains fit and do the job well.
Still one turn out on the mixture screw..
And maybe a little less mid range slide flutter, but then I have the projection two into one exhaust..
Cheers to Brian for the size hint.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am

A common misconception with the FCR's with the main AIR jet being too large to start, so they increase the main fuel jet to try and balance things instead of dropping the main air from 200 to say a 180 and then tuning the main fuel to find a good balance.
I know of a trx 850 with 900 barrels and rods FCR's flowed head and Akra system with good dyno time tuned down to a 142 main fuel jet.
The manual confirms what I had learnt from the fellow who originally sold me the Ross pistons with the 900 barrelled TRX.

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:54 am

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:A common misconception with the FCR's with the main AIR jet being too large to start, so they increase the main fuel jet to try and balance things instead of dropping the main air from 200 to say a 180 and then tuning the main fuel to find a good balance.
I know of a trx 850 with 900 barrels and rods FCR's flowed head and Akra system with good dyno time tuned down to a 142 main fuel jet.
The manual confirms what I had learnt from the fellow who originally sold me the Ross pistons with the 900 barrelled TRX.
I actually increased main air to 220 because i had a dip in power way on top where the bike went rich....not anymore :)
Tourqe-a-holic

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 am

Atmospheric conditions come into play that's why Killer .
Totally different climate conditions and air density than you have up your way killer than here in Oz.
Perfect example of what may work for 1 may not work for someone else because of that 1 simple fact..
Climate.. :wink:

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Post by Killerwhale » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:21 pm

cobbadiggabuddyblooo wrote:Atmospheric conditions come into play that's why Killer .
Totally different climate conditions and air density than you have up your way killer than here in Oz.
Perfect example of what may work for 1 may not work for someone else because of that 1 simple fact..
Climate.. :wink:
Yup, we very rare up past 20 degrees here :)