UK MOT Info

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:48 am

Triton wrote:
my usual get-out clause
Ohh, let me guess... a Blonde Moment! 8) :lol:
Almost - I just drop into dumb blonde mode - accompanied by fluttering eyelashes - and in summer a tight-fitting or low-cut top :twisted: Men are so gullible :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I've only ever been done for speeding once 8-[

I know the plate's illegal too - but I prefer the look of it. Unless you're next to a bike with a standard plate it's not obvious that it's small.
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

twolfe
Site Sponsor

Post by twolfe » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:25 pm

We went through all this exhaust labeling crap in NSW Oz. for a while.If you hold your breath long enough it will go away.It just got too hard for even the authorities here, so they dropped the rule.For some reason a 4" exhaust outlet on a cage doesn't attract any attention from the man....go figure :? .But a shiny exhaust on a bike has to be illegal. :evil: Soap box moment coming up..I better go and lay down for a while.

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Tue May 08, 2007 8:25 pm

:D perverting the course of justice is criminal related crime, loud exhausts are traffic, believe me you will never find a detective in traffic, or a traffic officer in the crime department.
Does a low top and fluttering eye lashes get you off a ticket from a speed camera?

Dave E.
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Tue May 08, 2007 8:37 pm

No idea - always go through speed cameras at the speed limit!!!!

As for the cans - I've just ordered a little polishing kit so I can get rid of the scratchy marks on the back of them - because it looks messy of course - nothing to do with the MOT being due :wink:
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Wed May 23, 2007 10:58 pm

:D Bike passed annual MOT today. 2 tips if you stick tape over your not for road use cans their not allowed to remove it, and apparently my blue light bulb, is illegal because the bike was not made before 2000! Friendly MOT station was happy, just said that it was very bright ( and so it should be if I ride at night ).

Dave E.
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 pm

Ehhh... hyperlinks in the startpost don't work anymore :?
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:50 pm

Trixz wrote:Ehhh... hyperlinks in the startpost don't work anymore :?
Fixed one of them - the other info has disappeared.