Riding with the locals

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

davamb
TRX-Enthusiast

Riding with the locals

Post by davamb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 am

This ride from two weekends back I posted on another forum, but seeing I was on the TRX it does qualify for a listing here.

It was pissing down when I awoke and the temptation to stay in bed and look out at the sea was very strong, but the road is a harsh mistress and you must obey. Bit more than that too I guess, Doug has said that there's a few classic riders down this way and here's a chance to meet a few.

Splashed my way over to his place after brekky and met up with Dave on a neat little Beezer cafe number. Doug's phone seems to buzz non-stop with SMSs - those I presume who are letting him know they're giving it a miss. Since my last run to Bathurst, I really haven't been too troubled by a bit of rain. Wet weather, it's all a bit over-rated I reckon. We hit the road in the drizzle and set a sedate pace for Kernot.

I'll shutup now and you can look at a couple of piccies:

The Kernot store makes a nice cuppa. Over the road is a little suss though:

From Kernot we head back to Grantville as some from down on the Peninsula need to gas up. We head back into the hills to travel along roads that may not be mentioned. Not the quickest fang I've ever had, even though the downpour has quit, the roads are still greasy and there's plenty of gravel washout and potholes from the recent rains. Some of the riders and their bikes aren't exactly spring chickens too! Still, there's a string of bikes for a hundred metres or so and a symphony of exhaust notes to scare the cattle with. The morning is still a bit shitty, but it seems to have kept the fools off the streets. The scenery is simply breathtaking and we have the world to ourselves this morning.

Lunch is the Kilcunda pub in brilliant sunlight. Time again to let the pics do the talking:

Strange as it may seem perhaps, but there have been times when I've questioned my decision to move down here. We disperse after lunch and I head for home in Cori with a big smile and very little doubt. I've met some great people who have welcomed me with no prejudice or suspicions and no questions asked. They ride and are passionate about bikes. They see that I am the same and I am welcome. The thinking is different in the city.

Better get the Norton registered.

Well, that was before M.V. put that R1 front end up for sale...
Ride Well!
Cheers, Dave.

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Re: Riding with the locals

Post by ekoja » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Great photos Davamb.
Lovely collection of bikes there.
THanks for sharing them with us. =D>

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Nice assortment of classics there Dave. Surely modern rubber on the Vincent would have to be a better proposition though. Love the Triton but not sure about the gnomes :lol: Love the south coast scenery,very nice part of the world.
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

M.V.
Site Sponsor

Post by M.V. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Some nice machinery there! Those tyres on that Vincent in those conditions would worry me a great deal though :shock: