Classic bike trackdays 3rd August

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Silver
Site Sponsor

Classic bike trackdays 3rd August

Post by Silver » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:15 am

www.Classicbiketrackdays.com are holding one of their days at donnington GP circuit on 3rd august. Its a full on noisy day and open to bikes up to 1995, although they will consider later bikes if within the spirit of the event.
Not been on one of theirs before but they seem to get good reviews.
I shall be on the vfr400 (sorry but i love it).
Oh its not cheap though at £159.
Anyone up for it?
Dave
2010 Street triple R 675 Road bike
2018 BMW G310GS
1988 Honda XBR500(converting to GB500 spec)
SZR660 road and track project

Silver
Site Sponsor

Re: Classic bike trackdays 3rd August

Post by Silver » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Weather is looking better next week. Looking forward to this.
No trx's????
Dave
2018 BMW G310GS

sanddune51
Site Sponsor

Post by sanddune51 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Dave,

Would love to,but it's a bit far from South Kent. Particularly like the idea of track time with bikes a similar age to the TRX :) .It should be a lot of fun.Let us know how you get on.

My son Daniel and I did a track evening last week at Brands Hatch. He was riding your old TRX and I was on mine. We both loved it.It was his first time on track, a 21st birthday present from me. For me it was the first time on track since I packed up racing in 2004. As soon as I was out there it was as if I'd never stopped,(even managed to ride right round the outside of more than one modern litre bike in the early laps :lol:).Sorry no photos as we forgot to take the camera. :oops:

My evening came to a premature end after breaking the chain (side plates) near the end of the second session. (slack as a yak and jumping the sprockets on a whiff of throttle) Amazingly the chain held together enough to get 4 or 5 miles down the road to a local hostelry where we waited for the RAC. Finally got home at 1:30 am. Can't grumble as thats the first time the bike has let me down in the 6 years I've owned it.

New x-ring chain and sprockets 17/42 going on as soon as I've finished nights. Great next day delivery from B & C Express.

Glad you're enjoying that VFR400. Rode one at the Honda Race School at Cadwell in '92, blinding little bikes.Made me feel like a GP hero and set me on the path of racing :)

Mark.

Silver
Site Sponsor

Post by Silver » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 am

I did a taster session at brands on my old trx so it has been there before. on the last lap some hero came past me going into paddock hill bend and slid off right in front of me, he went all the way across the gravel to the tyre wall. That is some corner, it looks different when you are riding the circuit. Glad you both enjoyed it.
I did an evening at Donnington this year and it really wet my appetite, its a great flowing circuit, nice and wide.
Really wanted to go back and get a full day there, but preferably not with all the trackday nutters.
All the best to you and Daniel.
Dave
2018 BMW G310GS

jjmoto
Site Sponsor

Post by jjmoto » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

I did the Honda race school about '92 at Cadwell also, wanted an NC30 badly after that, ended up with a 650 Bros cos the frame looked similar so i reasoned it would handle the same, thats what got me onto twins.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:37 pm

The Bros / Hawk handles well too, even it`s poor cousin the NTV650 handles pretty good for a donkey, at least mine does anyway. :lol:
The Bros was also fitted with a much nicer gearbox, close ratio out of the factory.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES