Pillion in a million goes Baylisstic

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Pillion in a million goes Baylisstic

Post by Olputt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 am

Helena participated in the Troy Bayliss Experience today at Eastern Creek. Two and a half laps two-up with Troy.

Lots of fun and lots of smiles :D

They weren’t breaking any records but 1:41ish is a pretty respectable time for the creek with a pillion on the back.

Oh and I got to shake the 4.5 fingers of his right hand too.

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: Pillion in a million goes Baylisstic

Post by phuk72 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 am

8)

fung
Site Sponsor

Post by fung » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:03 pm

not at all name dropping, BUT, troy and his clan are members of the GoldStars cycling club here on the QLD Gold Coast.
just happens to be my club.
so weekend racing has WHO? attending??oh . . .and robbie mcewen, matt goss, john cantwell, plus plus plus . . . .
Troy is also training with Bryce on a tandem for the london paralympics.
sunny one day, perfect the next.
cheers
fung
:rr:
I WOULD RATHER WEAR OUT THAN RUST

Stankflapper
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Australia. Land of Cold beer & Bitchy women, and fast bikes!

Post by Stankflapper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Great Stuff.... Smiling like a split watermelon :D

Stankflapper
TRX-Enthusiast
Location: Australia. Land of Cold beer & Bitchy women, and fast bikes!

Post by Stankflapper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

This was posted up on Facebook by the official photographer on the day:
"Pulled up at the gate of Eastern Creek this morning the security guard wanders out and Troy winds down the window . Guard asks "what are you here for " Troy replies "We are here for the Troy Bayliss Experience " Guard asks " Are you staff ??" Troy replies "yes mate " ..... I laughed at him and said " Nice to be yesterdays hero old boy "

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:42 pm

*sigh* ... would love to have the chance to do that ... was a big-time Bayliss fan, sad I never met him while he was racing. Helena is a lucky girl!!!!! Oh and I love the pillion handles on the tank ... what a good idea! or am I the only one who's never seen them before :oops:

Fung ... gah, I'm not jealous ... much!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you I would crash every time, I'd never keep my eyes on the road :angel12: :drool:
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:30 am

fung wrote:not at all name dropping, BUT, troy and his clan are members of the GoldStars cycling club here on the QLD Gold Coast.
just happens to be my club.
so weekend racing has WHO? attending??oh . . .and robbie mcewen, matt goss, john cantwell, plus plus plus . . . .
Troy is also training with Bryce on a tandem for the london paralympics.
sunny one day, perfect the next.
cheers
fung
:rr:
There was a lot of talk about pushies on the day, apparently some mob are trying to convince Troy to get into downhill, but knowing nothing about the sport I promptly switched off and went back to bike oogling.

Stankflapper wrote:This was posted up on Facebook by the official photographer on the day:
"Pulled up at the gate of Eastern Creek this morning the security guard wanders out and Troy winds down the window . Guard asks "what are you here for " Troy replies "We are here for the Troy Bayliss Experience " Guard asks " Are you staff ??" Troy replies "yes mate " ..... I laughed at him and said " Nice to be yesterdays hero old boy "
Yep - we were met by that same officious guard with his little clipboard and asked to sign ourselves and vehicle in. Guess if you rent the track for the days it's best to keep the rabble out.
Jak wrote:*sigh* ... would love to have the chance to do that ... was a big-time Bayliss fan, sad I never met him while he was racing. Helena is a lucky girl!!!!! Oh and I love the pillion handles on the tank ... what a good idea! or am I the only one who's never seen them before :oops:

Fung ... gah, I'm not jealous ... much!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you I would crash every time, I'd never keep my eyes on the road :angel12: :drool:
I'm a huge fan, Troy seems like the real deal, skills up the wazoo and a twinkle in his eyes that instantly puts you at ease.

Helena is already making enquiries about the bars, she reckons they were tops. A mounting plate screws onto the fuel cap housing and two quick release pins have it on and off in seconds. She been wanting to do this since watching Randy Mamola scare the wits our of journo's at PI and I jumped on it the second I received the email. Her other birthday pressie was tickets to the Opera, I think she enjoyed this more :lol: