And today we discovered.....

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Corners R Us
TRX-Enthusiast

And today we discovered.....

Post by Corners R Us » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 pm

....its still not quite summer yet!

Had a pleasant 110-mile ish rideout from Gloucester to Ross-on-Wye, up to Abergavenny via the nice twisty back roads (bit muddy in place), brew and butty in Aber and then home via Hereford, Hope-Under-Dinmore and Dymock.

1. Heated grips are essential at this time of year. Had summer gloves on and level 1....pleasant.
2. Renthal grip glue is like snot and has resolved my heated grips moving about, particularly after they've been on for a while.
3. Best place to buy said snot is Chain Reaction Cycles - £3.99 delivered.
4. Maxxis Supermaxx Sport tyres aren't half bad. Despite not having many miles on them they were confidence inspiring even in the cold/greasy conditions and being more fast/trackday focussed.
5. Ohlins springs and race fork oil still rock! Bike is miles better on the brakes and doesn't dip and dive like it did in the past. Ride is firm to say the least and I will try going an extra ring of pre-load and perhaps click on on the compression adjuster? Bit more compliance on rougher roads hopefully?
6. Valve clearance checks are worth it! Bike much more responsive over a range of different roads.

That is all. Can't wait for the next rideout.

Also got the TRX through MOT on Friday without any issues. Worryingly I felt myself being drawn to the Z1000SX in the dealership. Gonna swing a leg over one this summer and if it floats my boat it might just be time to move on to something newer. Reassuringly the heath robinson rack system is for display only. They were never meant for customer bikes. There are now 3 versions: basic, basic + ABS and Touring with luggage and ABS. Probably go for the latter with a trip to the Pyrenees in 2012 looming.

Watch this space.

Corners R Us

dfh
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: And today we discovered.....

Post by dfh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:10 am

Corners R Us wrote: brew and butty in Aber
:pottytrain2: :sex: :love5: .... please tell me that its a language issue... especially after the thigh slapping reference from earlier in the week 8-[
Now with 140,000 on the clocks, X-mas tree didn't kill it & I still love it.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Mincehead » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 am

Ah coloquialisms, don`t you just love them? :lol:
I lived in Glosser fer 8 yers moi luvver, know all those routes well and Ross-On-Wye, lovely place, I like books so I`m right at home there.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Corners R Us
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Corners R Us » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 pm

dfh wrote:
Corners R Us wrote: brew and butty in Aber
:pottytrain2: :sex: :love5: .... please tell me that its a language issue... especially after the thigh slapping reference from earlier in the week 8-[

I'll poilitely convert it into the finest Queens English for you old chap: a cup of tea and a bacon filled sand wich in the Welsh town of Abergavenny!!

No maleness was hurt during the making of this rideout!!

Corners