Jan 29th at Broady

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Jan 29th at Broady

Post by bobtrx » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 am

I'm looking to get to Broady 29th Jan all being well. Had a slight hick up last track day in Nov. Bike repaired now just waiting for the body to do the same.The bloody front end decided to punish me.This time tyre temp was not an issue , more an off camber corner with too much entry speed causing extra braking with the usual result. How come the GP guys crash , get up and go again and an old fart like me takes ages to get right.To be honest this next day even thou I'm as keen as to get there will be a test to see if I'm still into track days. It has taken forty years riding to get to the fact that motor bikes may be harmful to ones health. Hopefully one warm up lap then give it shit.
catch ewe later bob

bagmaker
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Jan 29th at Broady

Post by bagmaker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 am

whats the deal there?
Is it a $40 on the day roll-up or do you need a cams licence and the lot?
What are the safety regs and insurance set-up

thanks,
bagger
there are only 3 types of people in the whole world
those who can count
and those who cannot

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:51 am

The 29th is a standard ride day run by http://www.championsridedays.com.au . Cost $150.00 and it runs 4 groups , 15 min per session. Might catch you there bagger, if you haven't been there it's a great little track that goes well wet or dry
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 am

Hot day at the track . Tyre warmers had little work to maintain temp between sessions . Our best track aid for the day was a pedestal fan we used to good effect after each session. My first day back after a crash in Oct , I took it very easy all day getting my confidence back with the front end. My left knee was a problem ( a dirt bike crash 35 yrs ago ) A day before I couldn't even sit on the bike and was expecting to get to the track and not ride at all. With the track boots and leathers on it held the knee ok so I could just bend it enough to get my foot onto the rear set. Broadford is a right hand track with only 1 double left hander so I didn't have to move my foot on the pegs. As the day wore on the knee got better , it was a another top day. There was a trx going around in a different group to me. I went looking for the rider but couldn't find him ,was it anyone from here ? Since the day I've had a bit of physio work done. I now walk like a human so while all's good it's time to re visit the home of speed , Phillip Island.
catch ewe later bob

JL
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by JL » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:15 am

Good to hear you had a good day, hanging to go again but need to sort out a towbar and trailer first.