1sr Track Day on a TRX

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Redog1
TRX-Enthusiast

1sr Track Day on a TRX

Post by Redog1 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:58 am

Why do guys own R1s and GSXR1000s when they can't ride them?
Did my 1st track day on the TRX at Wakefield Park (NSW), and it was great.
Three of us on TRXs. I'm the slowest, but still managed to clean up a bloke on a R1 and one on a GSX around the back of the course. Unfortunately, they left me standing as soon as we hit the straight.

Anyhow, great fun going round a new sports bike on an old twin.

Cheers.

Mincehead
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: 1sr Track Day on a TRX

Post by Mincehead » Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Power crazed power rangers Redog1, sad souls that they are. :wink: :lol:
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Redog1 wrote:Why do guys own R1s and GSXR1000s when they can't ride them?
Did my 1st track day on the TRX at Wakefield Park (NSW), and it was great.
Three of us on TRXs. I'm the slowest, but still managed to clean up a bloke on a R1 and one on a GSX around the back of the course. Unfortunately, they left me standing as soon as we hit the straight.

Anyhow, great fun going round a new sports bike on an old twin.

Cheers.
Mate where are the pics
I did eastern creek 3 weeks ago i had the same probs would round up bike's all day around the back of the track. But the front straight i would just get killed for top speed.
The good thing but at eastern creek you can keep it flat out in 5th threw turn 1. You make up so much ground there with the guys that shit them selfs and brake way way to early.
you have 2 hands 2 feet why would you need 4 cylinders have to love the twin

Redog1
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Redog1 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 am

So you would be tippong into turn one at over 200km/h.
I think I might be one of the ones who brakes way too early.
But perhaps I could try to follow you round some time.
Cheers

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Sat May 15, 2010 6:50 am

Redog1 wrote:So you would be tippong into turn one at over 200km/h.
I think I might be one of the ones who brakes way too early.
But perhaps I could try to follow you round some time.
Cheers
Im not sure about speed i tape up my speedo. My taco was stiting just in red before 100m brake marker it would depend on how good a run i would get out of last turn.
mate for the first session i would just roll of the gas and let it free roll into the turn and then get back on it. But i had brand new trye on the back that id only done 3 klm on it and was getting used to the track again had not been there for 4 years. buy the end on session 2 i was back into full swing and was trusting my trye to just keep it flat all the way around turn 1. Plus i had spocken to Beau who had been there 2 weeks before and he said you can keep it flat threw turn 1. im lookig forward to getting back out there on the 13 of next month
here are a few pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Redog1
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Redog1 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:01 am

Great pics.
I could try and join you on the 13th June. I have two other mates who are both track day junkies and both on TRXs.
Need to check the work diary.

Cheers

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Sat May 15, 2010 11:31 am

Redog1 wrote:Great pics.
I could try and join you on the 13th June. I have two other mates who are both track day junkies and both on TRXs.
Need to check the work diary.

Cheers
not to sound rude but are they both older bloke's both with red trx's one with a 2 into 1 system on it. If so i meet them at oran park last year at a track day
If you do decide to go you will need to book in fast eastern creek sells out very very fast now Oran park has gone

redkiwi
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by redkiwi » Sun May 16, 2010 9:20 am

I spent Saturday at Hampton Downs here in NZ which is the newest track in the country - bloody good fun with a fair few elevation changes and a couple of blind corners.
We're heading into winter now and the track got its first dose of torrential rain since it opened last year... half the attendees packed up and went home.

It had rained over night so I spent the first session checking the track out and seeing what the grip was like, in the second session I decided to follow a 2002 R6 which was at the front of the group... turns out he wasn't very fast at all and within a lap we had been passed by a guy on a 05 ZX10R who obviously wanted to lead the group [-X , so I gave chase :D I was all over him on the brakes, through the corners and on the initial drive. Unfortunately the front straight is a bit long and he was able to pull out 20-30m lead on me. We caught up to some traffic and he got even more of a stretch on me which I then made up on the brakes in one corner (with the back end getting a little hairy!). I chased him down and came up along side him on the exit of turn 6 (a loooong sweeper) out on to the front straight before pulling into the pits.

It's funny that 10 years of engine development, two extra cylinders, 150cc extra capacity, and at least 80hp extra didn't make the difference on the day!

I can't wait til I get my emulators installed and the rear shock revalved, then I'll be able to have some real fun and start pushing the bike a bit harder. I really do love my TRX!