Calder Track

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Calder Track

Post by bobtrx » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:36 am

Ride day at Calder ( melb ) saturday 25 th Nov with Champions rideday , any takers apart form swifty and me . Has anyone seen or ride'n the track
catch ewe later bob

Swifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Calder

Post by Swifty » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:39 am

Bob, how long until you where going to tell me about the new site!!!!!

See you on the 25th

Swifty
I played a blank tape at full niose last night and the deaf guy next door went nuts

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:58 am

Shit mate how did you find me you stalker , looks like no other starters for the ride day the weak pr-cks . Take care big boy
catch ewe later bob

Swifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Calder Day

Post by Swifty » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:47 pm

To all you slack jawed Melboure and VIC TRX riders, you missed a craker of a day at calder Park.

The weather was great, the track was great. Both Bob and I walked away from the day with smiles on our faces wanting to do more.

As usual we lacked some hospower down the starights (we need about 80 more HP I reckon), but the track has some nice elements to it. I would definately do Calder Park again.

I have a blog http://davidswift.wordpress.com and I have put up a little report. feel free to have a squizz.

Dave
I played a blank tape at full niose last night and the deaf guy next door went nuts

Triton

Post by Triton » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:28 am

Swifty, read your ride day report and have invited both you and Bob to attend the next TRX Trouncing of the Tracks coming to a website near you soon. Seriously, you mention riding the old girl at Phillip Island... now that would be hard work as I have ridden there heaps of times in a previous life and it's horsepower heaven! JohnM, if you're reading this let's get the beasts out at Oran Park in the new year... let me know. It'd be great to get a heap of TRXs there as it's a handling track with a shortish main straight and it suits bikes with good grunt out of the bends. 8)

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Just give us dates and we will see what comes , as for P Island even on a old twin it's fun , spend most of the time with the throttle wide open such is life with small horsepower
catch ewe later bob

twolfe
Site Sponsor

Post by twolfe » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 pm

Triton, make sure you post up when you guys are going to do Oran Park.I want to get a crack at it before it closes.
Terry

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:13 am

I wouldn't mind a blast around Oran Park myself but i'll need plenty of notice to organise it. When is it due to close? Can't wait for Lakeside to re-open (if indeed it does happen)
CYA, Kev.

twolfe
Site Sponsor

Post by twolfe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:57 am

G'day Kev, they say Oran Park may close at the end of next year.There is still a bit of time to give it a thrashing.It is only 20 minutes up the road from my place, so it will be a shame to see it go.

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Swifty / Bob

The blog says that your bikes are scrutineered - what do they do? Do you need chain guards and lockwiring etc. or is it a matter of a quick once over to see if anything is obviously wrong / dangerous?

In the UK, TDOs will not scrute for fear of legal action

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:52 pm

twolfe wrote:G'day Kev, they say Oran Park may close at the end of next year.There is still a bit of time to give it a thrashing.It is only 20 minutes up the road from my place, so it will be a shame to see it go.
Cool, theres hope for me yet.
Phuk, scrutineering at QLD raceway with Champions is just just a light going over to see if your bearings are up to it ,no obvious faults and a standards sticker on your helmet.
CYA, Kev.

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:15 pm

Phuk72, I scrooted many times for a TDO but some TDOs are much better than others with this and most just do the basics: chain, tyres and brake pads OK, throttle returns when let go, forks not leaking and no sharp objects sticking out like rack mounts etc. Had a few people argue about their "perfect" bike failing, but most people who failed scrutineering fixed whatever the problem was and we all had a safer day out.

Swifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Calder Park Day

Post by Swifty » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 pm

Phuk72,
Essentially they just make sure the bike is roadworthy / safe.

Like Triton said just the basics, chain, steerring, brakes, oil leeks, tyre wear etc. It used to be fun watching Bob dis-assemble his bike for scrutinerring then re-assemble it with the video camera so he wouldn't get busted with it!!

It was a cracking day. Now this 'Oran Park Day' sounds great, especially the 10 hour trip to get to sydney from Melbourne :-)

Seriously though, if it is a long weekend it could be done, my wife has family in Sydney.

Thanks for the comments on the blog!

Dave

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 am

Really worries me that there is a need for these sort of checks - and that people turning up at a track have a bike which fails :shock:

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:23 am

I failed a guy at Mine a couple years back after watching him in the pits with a can of parts cleaner wash off the head cover and put duct tape on the camshaft plugs. At least he was 'trying'... :lol:

It was an old Kawasaki Z900.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)