Calder Track

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Triton

Post by Triton » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:50 pm

Phuk72, some of the bikes I have seen turn up with the owner expecting to be allowed onto the track can only be described as utter buckets of junk. Some R1 owners in particular seem to think that basic maintenance can be overcome by horsepower. Also it seemed to me that Honda owners have a tendency to believe their bikes are so well put together that they don't need chain lube, or air in the tyres, or friction material on their brake pads! :shock: When I first started marshalling and scrutineering in the nineties I was amazed but over time got used to it.

Now I pay my money and enjoy the odd day (about once every two months) at the track and let the younger guys sweat over marshalling duties - yes, believe me marshalling in full leathers and a vest on a 40+ degree day at Eastern Creek is for mugs, even if you do get to ride around the track for free! :oops:

Triton

Post by Triton » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:07 pm

OK, Aussie TRXers. Oran Park Ride Days are on!

Day One: Sunday 4th February 2007. $110-ish (listed for $139) if you allow me to book for you (I make not a cent, just want to see more TRXs used the way Mr Yamaha intended). I'll need your full name, licence number and mobile.

Day Two: Sunday April 29th 2007. Same price, same details needed as above.

Also, if anyone wants to ride Eastern Creek (a bit less TRX friendly than Oran as the staright is R1 heaven) I have a standing arrangement for $147 for weekend days - this is about $40 off the usual price. PM me if you're interested and I'll sort some dates - or have a look at the "Trackstar" package on http://www.easterncreekridedays.com.au. I get the pricing without any strings - one of the (few) benefits of being any old fart from the industry! :roll:

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:40 pm

Could be too bleedin' hot in Feb Mark so April sounds like the go; the only :?: is how close will this be to the Gingers Creek weekend (same weekend as this year from memory...) that aside count me in.
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 pm

If we do Gingers the following w/e, some can make a week of it. :twisted:

Oran Park 29th followed by Gingers 5/6/7 May. Any interest?
elementary my dear.....

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:59 pm

Next ride day at Calder is in Feb on Sunday 25th , I'm in swift dick what about you , catch'a there straight after church ( god gave me some new bits to play with ) . For anyone interested you can book thru http://www.championsridedays.com.au
catch ewe later bob