Mac Park

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Mac Park

Post by bobtrx » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 am

MAY 23 rd SUNDAY at Mac Park Mt Gambier SA with champions ridedays $99.00 for the day , cheapest track day you will ever get. Book now if you want to go . IT WILL SELL OUT SO FAST
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Re: Mac Park

Post by bobtrx » Thu May 27, 2010 3:04 am

Mac park , we came we saw we didn't quite conquer but had a great weekend except for the broken collar and foot bone of my mate on his 600 suzi . This track has more to offer than winton , broady or malalla for the Vic and SA track people .
We arrived sat found out accommodation at Limestone coast tourist park , cabins cheap , clean etc will stay there again

We went out and walked the track just like the real race guys do to work out lines and all the other stuff you look for , only for it all to fly out the window come Sunday when we actually rode around . The faster you went the tighter , skinnier the track got . Like any track for the first time it was a mind game . Our GFB team was at near full strength now sporting new bucket hats . Team members now include pit bitches , cook , mechanic and team photographer on hand to record the day .
Sunday we arrived signed in , scrutineering of bikes set up in pit garage then cooked breakfast as we waited our turn at the track

Butch rode to the track on his new suki boulevard , what a grunt bike it is

The weather gods looked after us with blue skies 18 deg no wind and plenty of open track . With reduced track riders we ran in 3 groups 20min sessions . This track has no rest spots it's short straights ( approx 200 - 210 kph ) and tight turns meant I was looking for the flag after 20 minutes . I always promise to get fit for track days but it never happens
so impressed with the track I'm looking into joining Mt Gambier Club http://www.macpark.org/#
so I can do their track days

catch ewe later bob

M.V.
Site Sponsor

Post by M.V. » Fri May 28, 2010 7:33 am

Looks like fun Bob, I must get to a trackday one day! Nice pics too.

Mount Gambier's a bit far from Melbourne, maybe I'll find a closer one!

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Mon May 31, 2010 1:30 pm

My mate Pete had his collar bone pinned last Saturday ,the foot will heal ok be itself , the only downside is he's out for a few months so he will be my umbrella bitch for a track day or two.

Keeping a eye on the weather for a day at broadford saturday 26th June .MV this is only 70kilometers up the Hume Hwy from melb.
Good little track to ride or come and have a look to see if track days are for you

2 rex's having a play a few years ago

catch ewe later bob