Broady 26th march

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Broady 26th march

Post by bobtrx » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:27 am

With the super's still ringing in my ears , it's time for a track fix ( champions ridedays ) so broady friday 26th march $125.00 Another one we are doing will be Mac Park at Mt Gambier sunday 23rd May $99.00. Not far for the crow eaters to travel
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Re: Broady 26th march

Post by bobtrx » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 am

Another track day done with mixed results . We leave home at 3.30am and get to the track at 7.15 . champs now have on line forms so sign in at the track is quick and easy . Throw on the tyre warmers have a coffee and chat with the familiar faces and meet new ones. Today I have new boots ( diadora ) and helmet ( shoei ) so I at least look like I know what I'm doing .Morning briefing over I stroll back to the garage to get on the gear and find the front tyre warmer has decided to stop . I'm now the owner of new boots , new helmet and now new tyre warmers . I miss a few laps of the first session waiting for a bit of heat to get into my half warm front slick.
The new boots make foot peg placement strange and I was having a few gear change problems , I did 2 - 3 laps and came in to sort out the problems . Glad I brought along my regular track boots so I decided to use them for the rest of the day and work on the new boots at home . Do a bit of walking around and kicking the cat etc to break'm in. The shoei ( tz-r) worked as a shoei does , excellent. Amazing what a new clean visor does for seeing :)
Maybe it was the track gods or the fact I've been on a extreme get fit / lose weight program for 2-3 weeks 95kg down to 88kg I felt better on the bike and found it easier to move around and get more from the day . It's usual for me to get a small bit of knee sliding not that it makes you faster it's just a bit of fun in the corners , today with the help of the gods I managed to slide thru complete corners left and right playing with the bitumen with the occasional power slide on the corner exits. Thats unreal but it can lead to not so nice results if I push it too far so I was a little more careful ,thank you very much
My mate Nick was doing a instruction school day . His 4th time at a track so it was all new to him about body position , corner entry , exits and braking etc . For ANYONE doing track days it is I think a must to get the right info from the right people to bring all the bits together for better riding and then faster speeds in CONTROL.
There was 1 TRX getting around and he was in our group . It was the quickest Rex I've come across on the track . 41 fsc's 2into1 pipe , R1 front end , 180 rear tyre swing arm done in a street fighter twin head light form . I had a quick chat with the owner who had a passion for the bike and knew a fair bit about'm . The bike came out of corners very well , I needed the straights to catch and brakes to slip up the inside hopefuly not losing too much speed on the exit for him to sail past again . My kawa is made for this type of track but the Rex with a good biker made it a very hard bike to pass . He wasn't afraid to have a go and made for some exciting corners. =D> =D>
The day was very humid , I started to cramp in the second last session so decide to pack up knowing it had been a great day and watched Nick put into practice what he had learnt for the day
The next track day has been booked . It will be Mac Park at Mt Gambier just over the border in South Aust . Might see a crow eater Rex there . May sunday 23rd . Now I'm off to find the cat [-X

catch ewe later bob