my track day report oran park 11.11 + some mods to the bike

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

my track day report oran park 11.11 + some mods to the bike

Post by DAYS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:01 am

I took the trx out for its first track day last week
Before i took it out i changed a few things on it. I moved the clip ons to under the top yoke have to say i love the feel of the bars under the top yoke feels more like my tls now .

i nocked up a set off rear set riser's went up 25mm back 25mm feels very good lots more ground clearence to more pegs touching down

I took the air box out and put a set of uni pod filters in on the stock carbie's what a differance this made. The power is now so much more smoother and pulls a lot stronger threw the hole rev range. Throtle response is better as is the pick up of the bike from down low . the filters are for a 900 ss ducati

I also added some more bling to it carbon mirrors and leavers and harris grips and some gold foot pegs

was very happy with the way the bike went. I spent most of the day in B group and went up to A group for the last session. was very happy with my tyre's bike has meztler M3 on it. After 7 sessions on the track back pulled up ok but front coped a bit off a floging more so then the back . But they gripped up fast and proformed pretty well for a hot day had a few rear end slides turning on to the straight and into turn 1 and 2 but for a road tyre was very happy with them.

here is a few pics from the day
i had a ball with this bloke for most off the day he was on a 02 gixxer 1000 i would get him around the back off the track and over the bridge all day and he would get me back on the straight and turn one just for me to get him back again went on all day and even went up to A group for the last session togther.

in the back ground in this pic there is a red trx coming up onto the brige

and few of the pics i took on the day from the 6 hour race riders practice session
you have 2 hands 2 feet why would you need 4 cylinders have to love the twin

Kevtrx849

Re: my track day report oran park 11.11 + some mods to the bike

Post by Kevtrx849 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:08 am

Very nice Dave, looks like you had a top day out. Love the last set of corners before the straight, get the apex right and you make up a lot of ground. 8)
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:53 am

Kevtrx849 wrote:Very nice Dave, looks like you had a top day out. Love the last set of corners before the straight, get the apex right and you make up a lot of ground. 8)
mate im a huge fan of turn 3 turn 4 and the run over the birdge and the blind crest you go over before the the last turn thats where i make most off my passes

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:15 am

Nice pics Dave. I'm going out there on Saturday to watch the prelims and the practice (unfortunately / or fortunately we have gold class tix for Pearl Jam on Sun night so that put paid to going out on Sunday - still might go to the Expo at Homebush on Sun morning though)

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

pom in nz
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by pom in nz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:02 am

good to see you had a good time keeping newer, faster bikes honest,
looks like you have the same filters as me, mine wer for MX bikes :? , did you upsize your main jets, i am running 150s and have lifted the needles. i also have the clipons under the top yokes, just feels right. :D
i like your cheep rearsets =D> think i will give this a go.
if its too hard, your doing it wrong.

cobbadiggabuddyblooo
Site Sponsor

Post by cobbadiggabuddyblooo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 am

=D> =D> Well looks like you had a fun day and good to see you gave em a good run for their money.. 8) .. Just finished bolting on a set of plates myself to move the pegs back and up I got off Kev the other day so I'm itchin to try them out.(only got the driveway to ride on at present :lol: ) Will look at the clip on idea too while i tinker with he front end on the weekend. Want to go for a good fang before I change the dogbones tho to get a feel 8-[ [-o< :wink: [-(
laughter is the best medicine

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:07 am

Good pic's , days glad you had a great day . Oran is a thinking track ' to make it work and on a rex you need to be smart to beat the horsepower bikes . It usually comes down to rider ability over horsepower on most tracks . Sorry your not there on the 19th . Your mods looked good and did the job . Good report mate
catch ewe later bob

sanddune51
Site Sponsor

Post by sanddune51 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Great pictures :D Really envious of your sunny Aussie weather.Your Trx is looking good and working those tyres hard

Mark

schmiffee
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by schmiffee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 pm

AWESOME!! I am very very jealous you have the time to do that...hopefully as I build mine I will get the chance also - however ORAN park is closing isn't it?!?! BUGGER!!

Anyway, some very very cool photo's - I am especially impressed with you TOTM entry ("very shiny" in the words of my wife).
Understeer - when you hit the fence with the front of the bike.
Oversteer - when you hit the fence with the rear of the bike.
Horsepower - how fast you hit the fence.
Torque - how far you take the fence with you.

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:21 am

schmiffee wrote:AWESOME!! I am very very jealous you have the time to do that...hopefully as I build mine I will get the chance also - however ORAN park is closing isn't it?!?! BUGGER!!

Anyway, some very very cool photo's - I am especially impressed with you TOTM entry ("very shiny" in the words of my wife).
Yeah mate it will gone in FEB next year last track day is at the end of JAN

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:23 am

bobtrx wrote:Good pic's , days glad you had a great day . Oran is a thinking track ' to make it work and on a rex you need to be smart to beat the horsepower bikes . It usually comes down to rider ability over horsepower on most tracks . Sorry your not there on the 19th . Your mods looked good and did the job . Good report mate
mate i missed out i went to book in but it was allready sold out. was a bit pissed about it to

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 am

Why not go along and spectate like I'm going to on the 19th.

Just got back from OP. My God it was warm out there! 8) Came back home the long way via The Northern Rd-Windsor-home

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:27 am

Wombat wrote:Why not go along and spectate like I'm going to on the 19th.

Just got back from OP. My God it was warm out there! 8) Came back home the long way via The Northern Rd-Windsor-home

Bob
mate im going to head out to catch up and meet some off the lads. ill bring my slr camera to and get some pic for the boys to

Beau
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Beau » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 am

That front tyre's been nice and hot mate... bit too hot by the looks of it. What pressure you running? Rear looks to have worked beautifully.

I'm interested in your airbox/filter mods... did you need to change jets?

DAYS
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by DAYS » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:43 am

Beau wrote:That front tyre's been nice and hot mate... bit too hot by the looks of it. What pressure you running? Rear looks to have worked beautifully.

I'm interested in your airbox/filter mods... did you need to change jets?
mate ive not changed the jets it has run a bit rich from the day i got it im planing to get it dynoed after xmas when i can get the time to get it done

tyres mate was running 31 in the front all day and 30 in the rear but i did a back to back session in A and B group at the end 40 mins flat out not the best for them