17-19 july, Brno, Czech Republic

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

17-19 july, Brno, Czech Republic

Post by Tarwetijger » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Intro
I know the track of Brno very well, because it's my favorite track in the computer game motogp2.

The trackdays of Toni Mang give me the opportunity to ride there for real. Wouldn't that be cool? Surprisingely my wife needed very little persuasion, so we went off to the Czech Republic for our holidays for two weeks. The trailer is usefull for other things too.

Day 1
I put myself in group 2 (out of 4, for several reasons), so the first session started behind a marshall. It was not about going fast at all, but just to get to know the lines. The first lap I tought it was a complete different track then the computer game. #-o :lol:
The 2nd session I was on my own again and I had to admit I already started to recognize the corners. Maybe the computer gaming wasn't too bad as preparation! During the 3rd session I already had my knee down in every corner! :shock:
It was a very hot day, above 30 degrees and the track went up to 50! Which wasn't any good to my rear tyre.
The 4th session I hooked up behind a marshall again. It showed that the lines I got were okay, but at the end of each corner I ran wide. The marshall was very close to the inside curbs at the exits, where I couldn't follow because my boots and footstep were already on the ground! It appeared that I was too greedy and opened the throttle too early. [-X
Which is logical, because on an earlier track course I 've been told I opened up the throttle too late! :twisted:
The marshall assured me I had to brake untill the apex, before opening the throttle again. I always thought braking into corners was scary and way out of my leage, I felt I would never be able to do so. But I would be on this track for two more days!

Day 2 and 3
So, plenty of time to practise. On day 2 it started to rain after two sessions, which were very good actually. Although my rear tire seem to wear out insanely fast, I got closer and closer to the big bikes. Especially when entering the corner, I could see my new braking technique was really paying off! The rest of the day I spend in the back of the car waiting for the rain to stop, but it didn't. :| On the third (and last) day there were only 4 sessions scheduled. I didn't mind, me and me bike were getting tired. During these last sessions I paid more attention to my riding position (hanging off is good for stability ánd it gets me nice pictures :P ) and continuesly remembered myself to relax. I really had to tell this to myself because I had blisters in my hands! :oops: In the very last session on this beautiful track I had to pass some bikes twice: first closing in when entering a corner and pass mid corner, then get overtaken on the straight due to loads of horsepowers of the opponent and then pass again in the next corner! :twisted: Of course there are plenty of people (in the other, faster groups) who actually can handle the bucket loads of horsepowers of their machines but it is such a rush to pass all those big bikes with only 80 bhp by riding better lines, later braking etc. It felt so good! :D

The suspension needs some adjustment because after these days my brandnew supercorsa looked like this:
I'll look after it, because in this way trackdays are getting a little too expensive!

It was a long trip, more than 1000 km's with a trailer on the german autobahn, but it was definitely worth the effort. The track actually is as beautiful as in the game. And, proven to myself again, you don't need a lot of horspowers to have fun!! :)

edit: some more pics
Behind the marshall

I ordered some very nice pictures, haven't received them yet. A preview:
Last edited by Tarwetijger on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Re: 17-19 july, Brno, Czech Republic

Post by Killerwhale » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Nice report man! (better than mine) :shock:
Watched the SBK today and it was top races...exept for the idiot overtake....wich reminded me of two weeks ago.... 8-[

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Tarwetijger » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Do the pictures work? Sometimes Imagehost starts to complain, then you need to refresh the page (with F5).

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Yep, they show up fine ... good pics!!!
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm

:oops: I'm jealous!!

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Killerwhale
Site Sponsor

Race leathers...

Post by Killerwhale » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Those leathers are top...where did you purshase it?

Tarwetijger
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Race leathers...

Post by Tarwetijger » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 pm

Killerwhale wrote:Those leathers are top...where did you purshase it?
Just in the nearest bike shop. It is official Yamaha gear sold by dealers (it used to be on their website too, but I can't find it anymore). But I bought it accidentily. No, really! Actually I was look for commuting clothing (water resistent, that kind of stuff) but couldn't find what I was looking for. Just to think about something else I walked to the leathers department, and saw this suit. It's a 1-piece made by Dainese and it has Yamaha written all over it. Like to remind myself the brand of my bike! Anyway, I thought "now they have these things also for kids?!" but it appeared to be exactly my size. And the price was 50% off. So, I decided to try it on, to experience that it's rubbish and get it over with. But it fitted like a glove, so, I had to buy it.
Long story heh? Sorry about that.

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 pm

I've read your Brno story on the Dutch TRX topic, but still, way to go.

Seeing the WSBK en WSS on the same track,it had to be an experience you never ever gonna forget (and 3 days in a row and between a holiday with the misses ...you lucky uhm :roll: :wink: )
I hope to ride the Portimao track in a few years :)

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-