Mighty Oran Park

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Re: Mighty Oran Park

Post by bobtrx » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 am

Our little ride day group has formed into a race team of sorts for the old , slow and useless . We needed a name and with my many emails to swifty about up coming ride days and the fact he couldn't get to go the usual reply was get f-cked . A Team name was born . If like us you can fit one of our 3 criteria you are eligible to become a member.

catch ewe later bob

Jak
Site Administrator

Post by Jak » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This forum is (and will remain) free of advertising
Please help keep it that way : click here for details of how to donate towards forum costs

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:46 am

Well having the name Bob, I probably fit the criteria?

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

Beau
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Beau » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 pm

I did a ride day at Oran on Sunday. Track was in great nick, although a bit dirty offline because of the fuckwits in the drift cars throwing shit all over the place the day before.

Had a great time and the mighty Rex managed to embarrass a few Blades, an R6 and a ZX9R around the back of the circuit. Was having fun with them in one session where they'd blow past down the straight and I'd pass them again a few corners later. After a few laps I was passing them in turn 2 and then must have built enough gap around the back to stop them catching me on the straight. Great fun.

One guy told me after we finished a session that he was trying to follow me around the back and the Rex was laying nice black lines out of the slow corners.

Gotta love them Pirelli Diablo Rosso's.

Will post pics when I get fullsize ones... but have updated avatatar with a thumbnail.

Good luck next weekend guys.

Beau
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Beau » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 am

So how did you boys go?

I'll be back there on the 9th of Jan if anybody's interested.

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:28 pm

waiting on pics and a short story to come
catch ewe later bob

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 am

I was gonna go out but then decided it was too hot! After being out there on the practice day for the 6 hour, I wasn't too keen.

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:53 pm

Like all track days we started to organize and for this 2000 kilometre round trip we needed a 3 track bikes trailer . A trailer was found and we set about making it capable for the job . Fitting a raised floor and a few tie down points it was right to go . The owner told me it was registered and the wheel bearings had been done not long ago so all was sweet

The trip from Melbourne to Sydney went well until we ran into a police blitz on caravans and trailers , after a bit of bull shit with the plod we carried on with a trailer defect notice to be looked at after our trip . We arrived at our accommodation and found this sign. good for us the robbers had the week end off and we had no trouble

A meeting was called for the distribution of racing attire and to plan the upcoming trackday . Being an old hand at Oran ( 4th visit) it was left up to me to help swifty and Pete both new to this track with technical points etc and keep a check on who's shout it was

The day started with a little fog and turned into a sunny excellent day just right for our track adventure

Pete got a little excited and had to be told to behave himself . Track days can have that effect on some

We settled into the pit garage which was free this time and waited for our turn at the track

Oran Park is a tight track with turn entries and track position essential for a smooth lap ,not like Phillip Island with as many lines into corners as you can find . After the first session Pete and Swifty just looked at me and I think they were ready to load the bikes back into the trailer . It always takes me a few sessions to get into any sort of speed cause I'm a geriatric but I knew the boys would start to enjoy .as the sessions continued we all started to improve and the smiles and jokes returned.
Everyone rode sensibly for a change with only a few spills , this track bites if you don't keep your brain switched on . At the end of play both boys where looking for more and keep yapping what a great track it was and now it is a shame it is about to turn into a housing estate . I could only add that in a year or 2 they could say they had done 200kph in someones lounge room :lol:
We took the traditional end of a great day photos and retired for another meeting to relive the corners and how great we could have been if we went a little faster .

The trip home was a trip from hell , but thats another story for next time
catch ewe later bob

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:54 am

Great report Bob and those shirts are grouse =D>

schmiffee
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by schmiffee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 am

I agree Bob, very cool report. Have you got any video to post from that new camera - just received mine today (after reading and viewing you report of them - all up about 30 bucks for camera and 8gb card!!). Would be very interested to see the quality of the video when track riding :D
Understeer - when you hit the fence with the front of the bike.
Oversteer - when you hit the fence with the rear of the bike.
Horsepower - how fast you hit the fence.
Torque - how far you take the fence with you.

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:43 am

Cameras turned up a few days after we got home from Oran . I hope to have something fitted for Broady 17th jan
catch ewe later bob

JL
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by JL » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 am

Yep, great report and love the trailer!

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 am

I could have brought the trailer for $1000.00 , it's good but wind drag is a fuel problem. We did a wheel bearing coming home , now it has 2 new wheel bearings + electric brakes. If you want I can ask if the owner still wants to sell
catch ewe later bob

JL
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by JL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 am

bobtrx wrote:I could have brought the trailer for $1000.00 , it's good but wind drag is a fuel problem. We did a wheel bearing coming home , now it has 2 new wheel bearings + electric brakes. If you want I can ask if the owner still wants to sell
Thanks for the offer but, unfortunately there's no space or money for it atm. Might look into one of those folding ones when $ and space permits.

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Just a quick reply.... WHAT A NAME guys Image

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-