MALLORY SAT 31 ARE YOU GOING

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

BOB.T
TRX-Enthusiast

MALLORY SAT 31 ARE YOU GOING

Post by BOB.T » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 pm

hi all now that the weather is confirmed to be dry if not a bit cold i cant wait for the first trackday to get going` the bike is ready but i am starting the
day on new rubber ; pirrelli rosso but after the first session of scrubbing in the tyres i dont know how hard to push them for the rest of the day
i know they are not a proper track day tyre so has anyone used these on their track days.
hope to see more trx`s on saturday

bob.t :sunny: [-o<
ride loud - ride fast - ride safe
http://www.bikepics.com/members/tuareg/96trx850

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: MALLORY SAT 31 ARE YOU GOING

Post by idl1975 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:02 am

BOB.T wrote:hi all now that the weather is confirmed to be dry if not a bit cold i cant wait for the first trackday to get going` the bike is ready but i am starting the
day on new rubber ; pirrelli rosso but after the first session of scrubbing in the tyres i dont know how hard to push them for the rest of the day
i know they are not a proper track day tyre so has anyone used these on their track days.
hope to see more trx`s on saturday

bob.t :sunny: [-o<

Hiya Bob

Nice long ride down from Perth? Knockhill not open yet then?

Your Rossos will be fine - it's a TRX, so you're not going to liquefy your tyres. You should run out of ground clearance long before you run out of grip, at least in good conditions. I've found the distinction between road and trackday tyres mostly irrelevant on the 'rex, whereas on my '954 there were definite reasons to make sure you had a sticky tyre at the back end. I.e. road tyres would melt and you'd be sliding sideways, which is amusing right up until it happens in a very fast corner.

On a cold, possibly contaminated (dirt and silting? Would have thought it's likely as Mallory's quite up and down and it's been quite wet recently) winter track, you're best off with good sports or sport touring tyres with our bikes. Well, or race intermediates, I guess. :D
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

BOB.T
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: MALLORY SAT 31 ARE YOU GOING

Post by BOB.T » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:28 pm

thanks idl1975 for your info as for riding down from scotland - the move down to hereford some 2 years back helps to get to more tracks
and the weather is much better to.
i must get round to adj my profile some time . #-o
ride loud - ride fast - ride safe
http://www.bikepics.com/members/tuareg/96trx850