Mallory yesterday

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Mallory yesterday

Post by trixynut » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:47 pm

Did a great trackday at Mallory Park yesterday. Me on the TRX and mates on a SV1000, a ZX6R and a Gixxer 600.

Didn't book it until late the afternoon before as I was waiting to see the forecast. Turned out sunny all day. Track around The Bus Stop and top of Devils Elbow was frosty til about 11:30 so we were late starting, but then there was only enough for two groups so it was 20 mins on track, 20 mins off, and no break fro lunch, right through to about 3:30 when the light went, so got in about 5 or 6 sessions.

Track was a bit damp and slippy at first, had a couple of rear wheel power slides coming out of Edinas and through the Esses, and one front slide brakiing a bit late into Edwinas: that was a first for me and quite 'exciting' (i.e. I nearly sh!t meself!!!).

By 3rd or 4th session, the track was totally dry and I could give it the berries like on a summers day. Excellent!!

Only downer was one of the guys I was with binned his SV1000 when he ran wide over the Devils Elbow left hander. there's sod-all runn-off there so he hit the barrier and ended up face down o the track by the start/finish straight. A night in hospital and he's fine luckily: no breaks, but the bike's a mess.

Top day though. :D Here's a shot a mate took. Believe me, this lean angle was pretty impressive for the first damp/cold session of the day!!

Dave

Corners R Us
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Mallory yesterday

Post by Corners R Us » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Spooky - couple of my mates were booked to go out in the novice group I think - not spoken to them as yet so don't know if they even went. They were on a yellow/blue camel liveried Yamaha FZR and a green ZX-6r - both trackday bikes. Hope they got duffed up by a menacing black TRX!!! I'll e-mail your comments on the day and see if they remember you!!

Corners (I must get a bike and get me another slice of track day pie!!)

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:02 am

Lucky bstard! My TD funds are well and truly spent - only got out twice this year :evil:

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:21 pm

Lucky bstard!
...there was no luck to it mate: rang 'em up, paid my £45 and bingo ..... fun, fun, fun! :wink: Didn't even need a day off work cos it was Saturday! :D

...although this was only my second and and will be my final outing on track this year! :(
They were on a yellow/blue camel liveried Yamaha FZR and a green ZX-6r
... don't remember seeing either of them there, and I ended up in Novice too, bumped down from Inters as there was only about 50 bikes there, so only two groups.

I also got the usual "Nice bike mate, I used to have a blue one, wish I'd never sold it!" from a sad looking guy with a gsxzxcbyzfrr something-or-other! How many times have we heard that?

Silver
Site Sponsor

Post by Silver » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:56 am

Well done Dave. I thought you had sold the bike.
My workshop is nearing completion, should have roof on by christmas, so will hopefuly be back in action next year.
Dave
2010 Street triple R 675 Road bike
2018 BMW G310GS
1988 Honda XBR500(converting to GB500 spec)
SZR660 road and track project

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Will be back out next Spring I imagine. Don't mind riding in the cold and wet, but doing a track day in those conditions would just frustrate me/bring out my inner coward. Plus I need to ride the bike to work!

Remember to post your next Rockingham trackday booking next year up on the board... we can team up and block the GSX-R-1000s up the front straight. :twisted: :lol:
trixynut wrote:
Lucky bstard!
...there was no luck to it mate: rang 'em up, paid my £45 and bingo ..... fun, fun, fun! :wink: Didn't even need a day off work cos it was Saturday! :D

...although this was only my second and and will be my final outing on track this year! :(
They were on a yellow/blue camel liveried Yamaha FZR and a green ZX-6r
... don't remember seeing either of them there, and I ended up in Novice too, bumped down from Inters as there was only about 50 bikes there, so only two groups.

I also got the usual "Nice bike mate, I used to have a blue one, wish I'd never sold it!" from a sad looking guy with a gsxzxcbyzfrr something-or-other! How many times have we heard that?
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:44 pm

:D Rockingham's only down the road, If I can get the day off !!

Of course Idl will have to change his name to DAVE

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:30 pm

slow codger wrote::D Rockingham's only down the road, If I can get the day off !!

Of course Idl will have to change his name to DAVE

Dave E
Sounds good to me...but only if it's not raining or too cold mind. :lol:

Sincerely,

DAVE NO 3
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.