Rockingham uk: on-board footage...

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Rockingham uk: on-board footage...

Post by trixynut » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 pm

Taken with a tank-mounted Oregon camera.

Rockigham is a twisty but smooth circuit with no long straights. Top speed about 100mph. The bloke being overtaken is on a ZX6R.

Turn up the sound and enjoy.... 8)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... 8short.flv

Dave

Kevtrx849

Re: Rockingham uk: on-board footage...

Post by Kevtrx849 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Very neat Dave- love it 8)
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

PeterGreen
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by PeterGreen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Nice work Dave :thumbup:

It's interesting to see how much more freely yours revs compared to mine; the difference an extra few horses make perhaps...

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Cheers guys!

Pete,

Maybe the extra power, but also I run lower gearing than standard too.

Thats probably why I was hitting 4th where you said you were still in 3rd too

Dave.

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:52 am

Thats the best bit of footage I've seen from a Oreqon and the bike sounds strong too , good stuff Dave . Now I will have to get off my arse and edit the Oran park day
catch ewe later bob

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:51 am

trixynut wrote:Taken with a tank-mounted Oregon camera.

Rockigham is a twisty but smooth circuit with no long straights. Top speed about 100mph. The bloke being overtaken is on a ZX6R.

Turn up the sound and enjoy.... 8)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v289/ ... 8short.flv

Dave
Nice one Dave! Will have to watch it later with sound. Love the 10,000 rpm blingometer you have going on. Makes my stock item look a bit sad. 8)

What do you figure the correct line is for the long left(s) after the hill (Graceland)? I ended up usually doing what you did in that clip and making 2 or 3 apexes out of it (traffic depending, as I don't like to scare people), but I heard some people saying you should only tuck back in for the final apex.

PS - the Duke line through the chicane bit is the quickest. Just stay on the power and go straight over the curbs, then set up for the right hander. :wink:
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 am

National circuit is in red.

Don't think I took the same line through that infield left hander combination twice! :oops:

I ended up, after following an instructor through there, hanging over to the right after the right hander then cutting in for the first left apex, letting it drift out to the right then back in for the second (and third?) apex i.e treat the first two lefts as one corner. Then sit up a bit for the small straight, then hammer it round the final sweeping left keeping it as tight in to the left as you can so you're set up for the right hander hairpin onto the 'straight'.

I do like that track a lot!! 8)

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 pm

trixynut wrote:Image

National circuit is in red.

Don't think I took the same line through that infield left hander combination twice! :oops:

I ended up, after following an instructor through there, hanging over to the right after the right hander then cutting in for the first left apex, letting it drift out to the right then back in for the second (and third?) apex i.e treat the first two lefts as one corner. Then sit up a bit for the small straight, then hammer it round the final sweeping left keeping it as tight in to the left as you can so you're set up for the right hander hairpin onto the 'straight'.

I do like that track a lot!! 8)
Yes, that's exactly the line I ended up with. Tight in on the 1st (everyone else going out to the right usually!) and then let it drift out before coming back on the same line to the second, then just late apex no. 3 to avoid running too wide on the exit.

Don't know about the day you did it, but the PITA bit about those corners is that you could never tell what the person you were trying to pass was about to do. If you go up the inside they might suddenly decide to wander over to the apex without actually being aware you were there. Not worth the soiled underwear and bent bikes, unless the other person is especially slow. But of course if you waited to go around the outside, inevitably they would stay wide the entire way round! :evil: There's a picture of me on the duke dead abeam of this guy on a CBR-6 going into that last left, staring directly at him and waiting for him to figure out where the f*** he was planning to apex. *Drums fingers, looks at watch* :?

Definitely a great track for TRXs, i.e. no real straights! :lol: Though I kept waiting for people to pass me between 1 and the chicane. 8-[

Still thinking about doing the 4th of April day there, although I won't know until after this weekend.
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Still thinking about doing the 4th of April day there,
:shock:

Jeez mate, you plan ahead!

idl1975