Rockingham - June 4

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Rockingham - June 4

Post by idl1975 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi all

I'll be taking the TRX on the June 4 trackday at the Rockingham national circuit, along with a mate and his Bandit 12 and possibly my Duke II. Link is here:

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/rockingham.htm

Cheap at only £89!

If any fellow TRXers are booked or are interested in going, feel free to drop me an e-mail or post a reply. We can circle the TRX wagons against GSX-R-1000s and their ilk. 8-[

The rest of you, please pray for a nice sunny day for us! :sunny: <---- (like this)
-----

'04 Aprilia Tuono Fighter
'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Re: Rockingham - June 4

Post by idl1975 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:23 am

Well, the day turned out sunny after all, despite some questionable weather.

Brought the TRX and my Duke II along with a mate and his Bandit 12, and a good time was had by all. The TRX did the expected sterling job of going round the outside of Milles and the usual assortment of fours with a complete absence of vices and a complete lack of everyone else's fancy track day tyres.

The Duke was a revelation (admittedly, a slow one!), though, letting us ride around pretty much anything mid-corner, brake about 50 yards later than everyone else and carry unreal amounts of brake up to the apex. The only problem was when everyone came past on the straights (and this is a twisty track), and, surprisingly, when the pegs kept smashing into the deck mid-corner, despite my hanging off like a non-supermoto-riding loon. I reckon that's the road-bike travel on the suspension. A 640 Supermoto probably wouldn't have come close to that.

I'd recommend Rockingham's national circuit to other TRXers - as I said, it's twisty enough to keep the GSX-R-1000s off your back, has a very grippy surface and a good variety of corners from 30 to 90/100 mph. Only a couple left-handers, but they're big, fast, and offer good overtaking opportunities.
idl1975 wrote:Hi all

I'll be taking the TRX on the June 4 trackday at the Rockingham national circuit, along with a mate and his Bandit 12 and possibly my Duke II. Link is here:

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/rockingham.htm

Cheap at only £89!

If any fellow TRXers are booked or are interested in going, feel free to drop me an e-mail or post a reply. We can circle the TRX wagons against GSX-R-1000s and their ilk. 8-[

The rest of you, please pray for a nice sunny day for us! :sunny: <---- (like this)
-----

'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:52 am

Nice one! 8)

Glad you enjoyed it and good to hear it's as good a track as I remember it to be from when I last did it 10 years ago....

...so you'll be wanting to do it again then on the 16th?.....

...http://trx850.motomaniac.net/forum/view ... =35&t=2876

Dave.

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:15 am

Why do I never end up with any good photos?! :(
trixynut wrote:Nice one! 8)

Glad you enjoyed it and good to hear it's as good a track as I remember it to be from when I last did it 10 years ago....

...so you'll be wanting to do it again then on the 16th?.....

...http://trx850.motomaniac.net/forum/view ... =35&t=2876

Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----

'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.

idl1975
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by idl1975 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 am

And here's the other bike. I'm holding it off because the damn pegs kept digging in! :shock: Not a problem with my TRX and the Swedish pig-iron rearsets, thankfully :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----

'00 Scooby Sport Wagon

'76 TY250.