P I ride day

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

P I ride day

Post by bobtrx » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 am

Swifty and I returned to PI for yet another day at the track . This time around swifty had his new secret weapon 99 r6 . It had a slight fueling problem that turned out to be a inline fuel filter installed back to front by the previous owner. Not being a big fan of 4 plug bikes I was interested to see how Swifty would go and see the difference of the 2 bikes knowing we are roughly the same riding ability . I tried to put bikes between swifty and myself just before corners in the hope it would slow him up and let me get a break . When ever I put 2 or 3 bikes in his way I would laugh in my helmet , got you now buddy . A few corners later he was back , his skills had improved from our last P I day . On the main straight it was good night bob , bloody 4 plugs . The day was run very well with only a few bikes down unfortunatly . We swapped bikes for one session . I'VE BEEN CONVERTED TO THE DARK SIDE. How easy are these things to go fast on . Told swifty I would cruise around , playing with the handling and power bullshit bullshit in fact I was a bit scared of coming out of corners like on the rex ,giving it a handful knowing the back end wasn't going to cause me grief , I've seen a few high sides from these things and didn't want to end up the same , also wasn't too keen to slip into corners too quick on a bike I didn't know . PI is a very fast track and not a place to fu-k up mid corner . My bike is very nice out of corners getting onto the tail of bigger sports bikes and being able to run with'm for a short time , the r6 had a bit more power and accelerated a fare bit quicker than the rex making it easy to stay with the bigger bikes . I've always felt PI was ideal for road rider /600cc combination . It wasn't long before the pace was quicker than the rex . Found a new top speed 240 kph , the bike still had a bit more but the rider didn't , couldn't get the fat guts under the screen and got a bit of wind at that speed . Swifty was impressed with the front end of the rex held a line and easy to turn . Race tech springs and played with the oil /air gap and it runs with most stuff thru corners . Getting back on my bike I knew why I rode the rex , sound of the pipe and the fcr's give it a animal feel from the r6 smooth fast sewing machine . I'm not finished with the 4 plugs just yet , my next day I will hire a 600 for the day to see what a new one will be like . Just wished a rex would accelerate like a 600 . Be a couple of bikes on this site that do I think and you have the best of both worlds
The toys for the day
R6 MUSCLE
GO GO JUICE
TIME FOR A NANNA NAP HARD WORK TO BEAT A 4 PLUG
catch ewe later bob

Swifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Swifty » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 am

Bobby,

Thanks again for a great day. Mate you ride the skin off that TRX. The hardest part about coming from a TRX to the R6 is learning to wring its neck. As you felt on the day it doesn't do much below 10k and then at 13/14 has another little kick. That thing makes me look better than I am...

Swifty
I played a blank tape at full niose last night and the deaf guy next door went nuts

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:02 pm

Wow.. Would be interesting to ride 2 bikes like that, back to back.

Where i live (adelaide) we have Mallala raceway. Its only VERY short, so sort of favors the torque of a TRX nicely. Obviously you get eaten on the back straight, but its surprising how i can pull out of a corner from behind them, equal them, but soon as they get to about 12k rpm, its goodnight, the modern bikes are all top end.
I tagged behind a duke ST4 once, it was SOO even it was scary, i eventually got him after about 5 laps, thinkin id loose him in the next 3 or so.. after about 5 - 6 laps, we came in, and the bastard was RIGHT on me.. was actually quite good.

Malloy park is also ment to be a great track for torquey bikes, or 2 strokes that carry speed into corners well. Its in Mt Gambier.. Ive got plans to go there one day.. They have meetings on the last weekend of every month.
I used to live there, but never rode there.. weird.

anyway, thanx for the brief story, was great !
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------