Olputt
Site Sponsor

Re: Let's do it again.

Post by Olputt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:04 am

Love the quality of the red in those pix =P~

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:09 am

Did your bike come good Nick ? May have just been a bit of crap in the fuel/carby. Hopefully thats all it was.
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:13 am

No idea what it was. The bike thumped its way home without missing a beat. It will be a bit hard to test off the track as it was only playing up when rolling off the throttle after red-lining the guts out of it.

We’ll just have to do another track day after the FCR’s turn up and see if they sort it.

p.s. this is the current pricing from Show and Go.

Subject: RE: General Enquiry from Web Site

The carbs are $1195
The air cleaner adaptors are $120
Universal throttle cable assembly $130

Regards Brenton

Show and Go Motorcycles
236 Brighton Rd
Somerton Pk SA 5044
www.showandgo.com.au
Ph. (08) 8376 0333
Fax. (08) 8376 1334

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 am

Sweeeet, thats a really good price. You won't be able to stay off it when you get them installed.
( HENRY FORD )

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:10 am

All got home safe and sound?......a wheel came off the trailer in the road works north of the Tea Gardens t/o. The wheel had some how come loose and flapped itself to death before we could stop. It both sheared off wheel studs and tore some wheel nuts through the rim. The trailer has done 5000km over the last 8 months (3600km to and from OP, 3 trips to QR) since the wheel bearings were repacked and the bearing get checked every fuel stop when we have precious cargo on board. Luckily we were travelling at 80km/h in the concrete barriers when I spotted it (just changed drivers) and warned Kev. The wheel flew off just as he braked and swung off the road at the end of the barriers, some how not hitting the car before travelling another 100m up the road thankfully loosing momentum and not coming back onto the highway on the crest of a hill. [-o<

Had to leave Kev sitting on a deck chair, in a raincoat with an umbrella and bike mag (and his choc coated bullets) whilst I continued to Bulahdelah, then back to Karuah and finally Raymond Terrace for parts being a Sunday. After replacing the hub we managed 2 km before stopping in a cloud of blue smoke. We had lost the hub spacer when the wheel came off and the tyre was rubbing on the trailer body #-o . Off with the other wheel, pull off it's alloy hub spacer and smashed it (and my hand) apart with a cold chisel to do a "fishes and loaves" between the two wheels. All up adding another 4 hours to a 12 hour trip. Even managed to keep a sense of humour, just :roll: . Home with 10 minutes to spare before the MotoGP coverage. :)
elementary my dear.....

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:10 am

Struth boys that was excitement you could have done without.
Glad you salvaged the situation and that the precious cargo (and your good selves) came to no harm.
As for Saturday all I can add to what's been said is: fantastic day, perfect weather, clockwork organisation, red TRX's everywhere, and HUGE fun on the track. Seven sessions was it? =D>
Sounds like there will be some serious competition next time with FCR's being acquired and who knows what else on the shopping list =P~ :idea:
Not to mention with any luck Triton can excuse himself from nursing home duties to return to set the pace!
And Bob I look forward to the videos :wink:
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:18 am

A blue one would only spoil the ambience [-( :r1p:
elementary my dear.....

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 am

The only thing wrong with blue one is he is f -in quick. Scott \ Kev you had a memorable trip home , only when something goes amiss do you remember the trip. We also had a small inbalance coming home . Stopped off at Yass for coffee , toasted sandwiches etc and I copped a paper cut while opening my toasted sandwiches , now you all know THAT hurts ( brought a tear to my eye ) , GREAT day and GREAT folk to ride with THANK YOU boys . Nick don't bother with the FCR 's there only for OLD folk to help'm run with you young'n . We totalled 2440 Km for the round trip , How many laps around pommie land would that be? We met up with 3 other Rex's at the track and there could be a day at wakefield coming up ( scott did you get her name ) and how lucky where we with the weather.
A national monument The dog not butch
Yes butch we are in sydney
Kev's track report , we go around anticlockwires boys

John being a good host , we have finnished for the day , haven't we
The young ninga teaches the old turtle nick and scott
catch ewe later bob

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:54 pm

:laughing3: :laughing6: :hahaha: Young Ninja, Old Turtle. :lol:
( HENRY FORD )

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Post by ekoja » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:23 am

Now lets have a caption contest, to suggest what it was that was that big.

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:43 am

That's why my leathers are around my waist, Old Codga oops I mean Ekoja :lol: He's showing me just how big my brakes must be.
elementary my dear.....

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:53 am

I learn plenty, yeah, I learned how to sand your decks maybe. I washed your car, paint your house, paint your fence. I learn plenty! but when will you teach me to get my knee down. I keep going around and around this tarmac dojo and still my knee sliders are this shape :?

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:41 pm

:twisted: So there I was sucking as hard as i could.......................................

..................Apparently you blow a didgeridoo.

Dave E
An infiltrator from the dark side!

Wombat
Forum Marsupial

Post by Wombat » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:28 am

bobtrx wrote:Been keeep'n a eye on the weather and its getting better each day . my mate for this trip has never been to sydney so our adventure will start thursday at midnight . leave home and hit melb at 2.00am then up the hume , hit sydney about 11.00 am do the coat hanger and opera house for my mate then back to stanwell park ( otford ) for the night , about 1100 kilometres for the day . Already counting the hours to go . Kev are you bringing the tank dildo with the camera ? I think I've got my bike cameras working better , touch wood ( as he hits himself in the head ) Do we have any spectators coming , what about you wombat ?

Handle bar switch for cameras front and rear and box to mount video camera which is worth more than my bike

I didn't even realise it was on #-o And on my birthday weekend as well #-o

BTW Nick those FCRs must have come down in price............last time I checked with Show and Go they wanted close to $1400 - 1500 for them, and that was around Xmas time.

Bob
"The fire is almost out......and there's nothing left to burn!"

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 am

Wombat wrote:BTW Nick those FCRs must have come down in price............last time I checked with Show and Go they wanted close to $1400 - 1500 for them, and that was around Xmas time.

Bob
Guess what turned up in the post yesterday :D All up it was $1445 and that includes cables, adaptor kit and carbs complete with the TPS connector.

So when's the next Sydney track day :?: