Let's do it again.

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Triton

Let's do it again.

Post by Triton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 am

Looking at a date in March/early April for another TRX/OOOSDC track day. Looking to minimise costs and maximise enjoyment. My question is where? The reason for the question:

Eastern Creeek is relatively safe but the straight pisses me off... one minute 40 seconds or so of work goes down the gurgler in 10 seconds as the 140hp+ club go wailing by. :shock:

We've done Oran Park. 8)

Wakefield is a cold, windy dump. Suits bucket racing and that's about it. :roll:

Phillip Island? Read the comment about Eastern Creek and add ten seconds. :roll:

Broadford? Any good Bob and co? Haven't been there for years. :oops:

QR? The paperclip. I'll go there but only under duress. :roll:

Comments, suggestions and expletives welcomed. Again, I'm happy to arrange things (industry rates) and hope to get as good a response and result as OP. Over to you guys and girls... :D

fantic125
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by fantic125 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:50 am

Mac Park or Mallalla! 8)
These are my principles and if you don't like them...... I have others.

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 pm

good one Mark , its been on my mind to redo the trx day . We have a couple of double header days down here with champions
eg one track sat and another sunday deals that may work for some . It is a distance to go for 1 day when we can get 2 different tracks in 2 days or we just pick one track what ever the OOOSDC crew decide . My pick of vic tracks would be winton , broadford or P Island in no set order
Winton nearest to Sydney at Benella Hume Hwy $ 145.00 as per web site
Broadford another hour further to melbourne $ 135.00
P Island 2 hrs the other side of melbourne $ 219.00
I will go to what ever track is selected but not the paper clip , sorry bannana benders , it looks as well dare I say it sh-t with bumps

my take on these tracks , don't get up me I know I'm old and slow and looked at from a road rider's view

VIC TRACKS
Winton -- flat good spread fast and slow left and right corners can keep up with others once you get the lines right trx friendly , track surface ok just looks a bit off and has a bit of run off if needed. one of my favorite tracks , have only been there once but will return , a track where you need to think 4 stars out of 5
Broadford -- undulating and exciting to see for the first time if you don't like right handers stay home , only 2 left turns good surface even in the wet , run off don't run off its , 2 straights make it tough to stay with other bikes , not too hard to work out , for your first time it is good 3.5 stars
Calder -- good spread tight lefts and rights , if concrete walls worry you close your eyes , track surface ok , wouldn't like to run off here as your speeds are not that slow , no ride if wet due to drag strip front straight becomes slippery , little jump up and flip flop on the back section plus coming onto the straight are exciting , trx friendly , does scare some riders , need to commit to get the best 3 stars
Phillip Island -- If you like fast fast corners and good surface wet or dry your in heaven here , run off is not nice if you go into gravel traps , speed and rocks don't mix , trx's will get belted on the straights , learn to slip stream or carry a hook 5 stars naturally
SOUTH AUST TRACKS
Mt gambier Mac Park -- good range of left and right not many really fast , was a bumpy track when I went there 7 years ago and chewed front tyres , has been resurfaced since but I heard it had problems , run off same as any smaller tracks , need to think to get the best here 2.5 stars
Mallalla -- fast dog leg and a couple of heavy braking corners are about the high light of this track for me , surface was ok 6 years since I went there , after some of the vic tracks it lost its apeal for me , but still a nice track to try 2.5 stars
SYDNEY TRACKS
Oran Park -- had plenty to offer trx , good corners and a nice straight , good track to think to go better , no places to rest , I will be going back here 4.5 stars
Eastern Creek -- fast and similar to Phillip Island , only been there once will need to revisit 4 stars
catch ewe later bob

dfh
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by dfh » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:41 pm

fantic125 wrote:Mac Park or Mallalla! 8)
Plus one here... fantic125 I have been in Adelaide for 3 years and never been to Mallalla (why bother when I live 10 mins from Gorge Rd :twisted: ) so whats it like?

Seen Photos of Mac Park.. looks cool and is accessable from Melb and Adelaide equally, and is the only track in Oz owned by a Motorcycle Club.. :D

DFH
Now with 140,000 on the clocks, X-mas tree didn't kill it & I still love it.

Kevtrx849

Post by Kevtrx849 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:02 am

Definately want to do Oran again before it expires . Was going to try and organise a couple of rides during my holidays next year. I've got the last week in May and all of June. Theres a Sun 25 May at Broadford and Sat 31 of May at Oran. Would love to get a ride at the Island in there as well while i'm down there, just waiting for the dates to come up. Who are the other providers besides Champions ? Wasn't real impressed with Circuit Breakers.
If everything seems under control
your just not going fast enough.
( HENRY FORD )

Olputt
Site Sponsor

Post by Olputt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:32 am

Excellent!!! - I'll go to Winton or Oran Park.

Would be good to all meet early and sort out what group we are in :roll:

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:14 am

kev , olputt you have good taste , middle group would suit all , mark may need a faster group to get his fix ( bastard wish I could ride like you) , just to give you the shits I will be at PI 4/01/08 and winton 16/02/08 . After that I'm waiting for the next ride day . I can do accommodation for anyone wanting to do days in Vic . Champions do Vic , Superbikes do PI . My choice would be champions cause they do a great day and I get every seventh day free
catch ewe later bob

Triton

Post by Triton » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:19 am

OK. So consensus is Champions. No problems, I have known Scott Osbourne, the owner, for ever. He owes me! (Scott, remember a red Datsun 200B SX you sold to me in Taree?) Therefore, the price will be MINIMAL with Champions! (Ring me Scott!) 8) :lol:

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:32 am

Just to throw something else into the mix. Lakeside is now all signed up with QR (and therefore Champions, i would expect) to run driver training by Feb and club racing days (and presumably Track days) by June. They are currently spending $1.2M to upgrade facilities, which won't go too far.

Triton, maybe you can get a bit more realistic detail on dates etc if you are talking to Scott.

Oh, and P.S., I'm in too, preferably with a double header to make the trip worthwhile. 8)
elementary my dear.....

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 am

Gentlemen do we need to restart this thread . Triton I spoke to scott ( champions ) saying you may call . I would think a show of hands of who's interested assuming it involves travel to a track interstate for some. If you look at my track post it gives a rough rundown for tracks with I think SA out ( distance ) , so game on boys lets do it
catch ewe later bob

Triton

Post by Triton » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

G'day fellas. Back on line. Bob's right, let's have a show of hands. I heard today that Wakefield Park has been resurfaced and is WAY better than before. I just spoke to Scott and he said that track use at Lakeside is a fair way off, there's still a lot of work to do so nothing will happen until the second half of the year there. He also agreed to a $25 discount for TRXers AND you can book individually if we organise a day out...

In the meantime, place your order as follows:

Triton, Broadford with Champions, 11 April 08.

Then, once we have consensus (Margaret Thatcher's LEAST favourite word) I'll get on the phone to Scott or James Spence (Circuit Breakers) or Steve Brouggy (Superbike School) and bed it in. Let's do it and show those TOTY winning Poms that when it comes to track time, we're in a class of our own... :evil:

Quan-Time
Site Sponsor

Post by Quan-Time » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:44 am

+1 adelaide

I have never been to Mac Park, but hear its very well set for a TRX (torque) altho mallala is quite good, you get eaten alive there on the back end of the track. Still good on the front end tho.
-------------------
I dont have a sig
-------------------

sherlock
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by sherlock » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:11 am

April 11 is a Friday. Assuming that be correct, is there anything on in Sydney on the Sat/ Sun to make it a double header?
elementary my dear.....

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 am

I will dig out all the dates for sydney and melb tracks then we can plan it better .
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:54 pm

MARCH
SUN -- 9 -- WINTON
MON -- 10-- BROADFORD + PHILLIP IS
FRI -- 21 -- ORAN
MON -- 24 -- WAKEFIELD + EASTERN CREEK
SAT --29 -- EASTERN CREEK
SUN -- 30-- EASTERN CREEK

APRIL
FRI -- 4 - - PHILLIP IS
SUN - - 6 -- ORAN
THUR --10 -- WAKEFIELD
FRI -- 11 -- BROADFORD + EASTERN CREEK
SAT -- 12-- EASTERN CREEK
MON -- 14 -- PHILLIP IS
TUES-- 15 -- PHILLIP IS
FRI -- 18-- BROADFORD
SAT -- 19 -- CALDER
FRI -- 25 -- PHILLIP IS + EASTERN CREEK ( ANZAC DAY )
SAT -- 26 -- EASTERN CREEK
SUN -- 27 -- BROADFORD

MAY
TUES -- 6 -- PHILLIP IS
FRI --9 -- BROADFORD
SAT -- 10-- EASTERN CREEK
SUN -- 11-- EASTERN CREEK
MON -- 12-- PHILLIP IS
TUES -- 13-- PHILLIP IS
SUN -- 18 -- WINTON
SUN -- 25 -- BROADFORD
SAT -- 31 -- ORAN + EASTERN CREEK