WINTON

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

WINTON

Post by bobtrx » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:21 am

I'm going to Winton raceway Sat 18th Aug . Havn't been there to ride , have done a few flag marshell days there , the track didn't apeal to me . A mate who's doing his first ride day dropped in to get advice and I couldn't let him have all the fun so now it's 2 winton virgins . Any other starters ?
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:54 am

For anyone with the chance to ride Winton ( Vic ) take it. This track has great fast and tricky SLOW corners that make you think to get the right lines . Mate who has never done a track day was shit-n rasor blades before his first session . My mate did very well ( 65 yrs ) and is now look'n for the next day. Coudn't stop talking about the grip in the front tyre. For you Melb riders I rate this track above Broadford + Calder. One thing I noticed with the slow and medium groups , in the slow group if you get in the first few bikes you get mainly clear track all session , in the medium group most bikes run in groups that don't give much clear track . I think it is a big dick mentality that says I'm faster than others When you get over 50 yrs , grey hair you have nothing to prove but it brings a smile to stick it into faster bikes .Just an observation. Thinking of doing another day end of Sept , might get another trx hopefully to go ? Whats the go with Queensland raceway saw racing on TV and the track looked so bumpy You may have the weather BUT we got the tracks , can't wait for Oran Park , Triton you are our trainer and baby sitter for the day , how many sleeps to go
catch ewe later bob

SuperMono
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by SuperMono » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 am

How are the Winton bumps now?
I haven't ridden there for years, the trucks and V8s used to pull the braking areas up into giant ripples. In particular the right hander at the end of the old pit straight.
Just coming back into ride day 'season' and I have booked Phillip Island for Monday, but leaving TriXie at home as I have hired a GSX600.
What do you mean I can't ride 7 bikes at once?

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:27 pm

I had no problems at all with bumps , track was great
catch ewe later bob

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 pm

:proctor:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:29 pm

Mate took a camera and I think he did 2 shots both in the pit area , I'm still waiting to see but because PI GP is just around the corner I will throw in an old 2001 shot . You can see why this corner got it's name
catch ewe later bob

SuperMono
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by SuperMono » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:08 am

Let me see...that would be...Siberia!

I was down there yesterday on a ride day (without TRiXie).
Rented an 07 GSX-R600 just for fun.
What do you mean I can't ride 7 bikes at once?

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:06 am

Here I was thinking it must be called OOOSDAaaa corner. :wink:
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)