CALDER RIDE DAY

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

CALDER RIDE DAY

Post by bobtrx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:37 am

If the weather is OK swifty and myself will be at Calder raceway ( ride day with champions ) sunday 22nd so if anyone is interested we will see you there , even if you haven't done a track day before come and see what you are missing . SwiftyI WILL beat you this time , I have polished the oil filler cap :lol:
catch ewe later bob

twinlovin
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by twinlovin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:02 pm

woo hoo I'm not working that day. I might go for a ride out there (on my pushy) to see you guys go round.

Defintely wont have the rex back together by then would have been nice though....
Tyres are evil and must be punished

twinlovin
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by twinlovin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 am

Have fun at the track guys. Get lots of pictures to make us all jealous :)

Unfortunately I'm going to Sydney to get some more bits for my rex this weekend so wont be able to make it.

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:18 am

No worries Calder has been cancelled due to water problems. Swifty and I are going to Broadford instead on Sunday.
catch ewe later bob

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 am

We had a day at broadford run by MA( motorcycling australia) a practice day , they run 2 sessions up to 600cc and over 600cc . Cost $ 130 , 100 for the track , 10 for insurance and 20 for one day lic . No bike check as most bikes are race or ride day junkies . Because the riders are track familiar it is safer than ride days with the big bike cowboys who don't know how to ride .We rode in the up to 600 cc , thats about the power of the trx . Bikes from 125gp ( which way did he go) 400cc race , 600 cc road and race and 2 sv650 cc twins We where very lucky with the day because not many turned up to practice . In our group we had 10 bikes to start with and that tapered off to 4 in the last session . We had the track to ourselves , so Swifty followed me for 5,6 laps then I let him pass and do the same . It showed the power difference and braking of the 2 bikes . Poor Swifty struggled with the standard brakes against the blue spots , braided lines and wave discs of mine , he found the run off road at one of the heavy braking corners . The 41 FCR's showed their worth as well , coming out of corners harder and still making power up to 8 grand . Even thou my bike only makes 81 hp at the back wheel (99,000 klm on the clock) the other trx blokes on this site who's bikes make more hp the 41's would be good value on the track . I can't really see the COST v benefit for road use only . The brakes and suspension work is COST affective on road or track . Swifty did a session on my bike and I just watched and listened to the sound of the over system , like a radial engine unreal . I can't hear the same when I ride it because of the 41's induction noises . Swifty is now in the market for blue spots . Even with more bikes on the track we will look for practice days in future , the race guys are in and out of the pits all the time so the track would never be full and most( if not all) go faster then us so we have clear track anyway, not like ridedays which are good but in a different way . For the Melb guys Broadford is a mini P Island with speeds up to 200kph on the top straight and only 70 klmtrs up the Hume from melb , no excuses for not trying it , see you next ride day Image
catch ewe later bob

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:59 am

Looks like fun - and so cheap :shock:

Glen1TRX
Site Sponsor

Post by Glen1TRX » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:07 am

Loud 'n Proud guys - looks like you had a great day but what's the green stuff next to the track? :wink:
time fades away

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:11 pm

Nice story and very familiar :wink:

So you're 'hooked' now on trackdays then I guess :roll:

Nice pics also :D
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

twinlovin
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by twinlovin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 am

Nice write up Bob.
I love how cost effective Broadford is and it looks like you scored a magnificent day for it. Hopefully see you there next time. :wink:

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 am

A few pics of the up down nature of the track
catch ewe later bob

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:25 am

Nice track and up the hill WOW :D So different to here in Europe ( IMHO )

Great 'racing' pictures from you both!

Greetz
Gerben
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-

Sarg

Post by Sarg » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:20 am

Gtreat photos guys. Looks like you had a great day, and I love the look of that track :!: Looks like a heap of fun.

Sarg

Swifty
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Swifty » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:08 am

Hey Bobby,

Nice write up and photo's big fella. Just a quick update for you all, I have not only upgraded to blue spots, but upgraded to a R6.

It is a dedicated race bike, so should be lots of fun. I still have the TRX and have re-instated it as a road bike for everyday transport.
Thanks again Bob for letting me have that session. Your bike just had a little bit more urge under power, but the real difference was the brakes. I was able to brake soooo much later (and I am a real late braker as it is - hence the run-off up the back of the track). With the R6 much lighter than the TRX I should be able to brake at the 25 mtr mark... :twisted:

I hope to get the R6 out for its first session in anger either the 26th Oct (Broady) or 4th Nov (Calder park)

Swifty
I played a blank tape at full niose last night and the deaf guy next door went nuts

bobtrx
Site Sponsor

Post by bobtrx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:25 am

4th Nov is a go for Calder so are there any more starters
catch ewe later bob

John M
Site Sponsor

Post by John M » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:13 pm

Hey Bob must have missed this post previously, great write up and great pics. Looks an excellent circuit, more like a mountain road! Note to self: must head down for a visit.
Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly