trx vs buell

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

boyso20
TRX-Enthusiast

trx vs buell

Post by boyso20 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:16 pm

i left the trx at home today, and went on a long blast on the buell xb9 firebolt. now apart from the deafening roar from the sports system on the buell, i missed everything about my beloved TRX.
i feel much more comfortable on the rex and think the power is also more exciting.
everyone you speak to who has a buell raves about the handling, but for me the trx is easier to get in and out of corners and puts a much bigger smile on my face when it comes to life over 5000rpm
the one thing i love about the buell is the awesome power of the huge front disc but for me......i love my trx

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:13 am

My mate has got the 1200 firebolt with a full V & H system (and a few other bits :wink: ) and it is a cracking bike. I think it turns in way quicker than my TRX and holds a marginally tighter line but that is on the track - on the road you'd never notice the difference (I was surpries that the Buell wasn't very twitchy as I was expecting).

You are right about the initial bite of that big disc - it is very good but has a tendancy to fade with hard use.

IMHO the TRX kitted with blue spots and braided hoses stops just as well (if not better) and feels better with an R1 MC.

Sarg

Re: trx vs buell

Post by Sarg » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:57 am

boyso20 wrote:i left the trx at home today, and went on a long blast on the buell xb9 firebolt. now apart from the deafening roar from the sports system on the buell, i missed everything about my beloved TRX.
i feel much more comfortable on the rex and think the power is also more exciting.
everyone you speak to who has a buell raves about the handling, but for me the trx is easier to get in and out of corners and puts a much bigger smile on my face when it comes to life over 5000rpm
the one thing i love about the buell is the awesome power of the huge front disc but for me......i love my trx
Nice to know :!: By the way you trixy is identical to mine. Is yours still speed limited? I may have found an easy fix (Yet to be tested but logically should work)

Sarg

boyso20
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by boyso20 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:14 pm

out today on the trx, making the most of a blue sky and an early finish from work.
definately need to sort out the brakes on the trx, i now realise the massive difference after taking the buell out for the first time in 4 months.
i think the trx is quicker than the buell, well it feels like it anyway.
the buell gets to a point and seems to have nothing left, whereas the trx just keeps pulling. today was far more exciting than a day on the buell yesterday.

dont know if the trx is restricted or not, how do i tell?

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Post by phuk72 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:52 am

boyso20 wrote:
dont know if the trx is restricted or not, how do i tell?
It does more than 112mph (on a track or private road of course :wink: )

slow codger
Site Sponsor

Post by slow codger » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:17 am

:D 112.5 mph or 180 kph, and no I still haven't got round to the mods yet, but the bathroom refit is looking better, and will hopefully be done this month.
Oh and hopefully the bike will be on the road soon, may even put it forward as bike of the month, because its old but not that original.

Dave E (at work)

Trixz
Site Sponsor

Post by Trixz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:32 pm

In april I was riding together with a Buell (and another 15 other different motorcycles), but below 3000rpm the REX is hopeless against the Buell. But then again, once I was above 3000rpm, it stayed in my mirror :wink:

But the sound of the Buell, my REX was not even close in sound (and mine is a bit loud 115db(A) )
Former TRX rider ...former TRX of The Month owner June 2007 ánd May 2009... -and RC51 track bike *and crashing it* past-owner-