Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

mickjmag
TRX-Enthusiast

R1 Island shananigans

Post by mickjmag » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 am

Hey all,

Just had a week down home in drought stricken Vic and could'nt
go past a fang at the Island.
My mate is in the aussie superstock titles and had a open track day with other yamaha riders. his brother runs a 05 R1 at club day level so I got permission to give it a damn good thrashing for 20mins or so :twisted:
Oh I wish I could justify owning an R1 especially when its got 198hp
Nothing beats coming on to the sraight at the Island with the rear tyre sliding like it was meant to be!!!! or the thrill of the front wheel in the air as you go thru the change of direction at the hay shed :thumbup:
Looks like I may have to start saving for another track bike :roll:
now that Kev is the proud owner of the old red REX.

Cheers, Mick

Max
Janitor

Post by Max » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Fun ain't it?

Take that out on you favorite twisty (road) and realize how much fun the TRX is! :wink:

Yes... It's all about sport and excitement. But at my age, I get more fun hunting those guys on their R1s down at the track while not worrying about highsiding myself into Sputnik. Sure, they can zing by down the straights, but it's fun to watch their necks shrink and run off line when the thumping beast backfires and rumbles up behind them in the infield. :twisted:

Seriously though, the current generation of "super" sport bikes are amazing. Way too fast for the street, and faster than works F1 / SBK and some GP machines of a few years ago. Especially with the tire options today. Unfortunately (fortunately) my eyes can't keep up anymore and I'm happy to pick off the squid types that think it's all in the bike.
Max

(TaZ, tz250w)

Triton

Post by Triton » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:50 am

As usual, this OOOSDC member has only just discovered a thread dear to his heart. Personally, I couldn't stand to ride a fast supersport or superbike day-to-day at the track or off it. They're brutal, uncomfortable and excessively expensive on tyres. And as Max so rightly says, it's fun holding off the good guys in the twisty bits and terrifying the bad ones as you dive up the inside in a blur of noise and rear end snaking under brakes, then deafen them as you get on the gas a good deal earlier than they can. As Wayne Gardner says: "Anyone can go fast in a straight line."