First Ride Home, First commute

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

Overlord Neil
TRX-Enthusiast

First Ride Home, First commute

Post by Overlord Neil » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am

So I picked up my new TRX last night, after a nightmare couple of hours spent on several over crowded trains in full motorcycle kit (not quite Stig-esque but close enough) to get from Woking to Sidcup through London at peak rush-hour, with darkening skies threatening to literally rain on my parade. Sorted the last of the paper work, a quick debrief on the finer details of having a fuel tap and choke again, how to properly check the oil and the guys young daughter capitalizing on the fearsome output of open pipes to blow dandelions, I was off.

I was worried it would be buzzy at motorway cruising speeds, the Tiger would just sit there like a padded throne, but I was delighted to find the TRX felt totally at home, sitting at 80 running 5,000 rpm it took me several miles of pondering to realise there was another gear! The Tiger was geared for acceleration so it would sit at 80 in the 6k's, but dropping the TRX into top it sat there happy as a sand boy ticking along at 80 with 4,500 on the clocks, no buzz, no vibes, like it would be happy doing that all day every day. The traffic had all gone to bed by the time i got home so I'd have to wait till the morning to see what the commute would be like.

Up late (always a good start to the day) a bit of tinkering to get the D-Lock into the 'boot' then swing my leg over, fire it up and the smile is there straight away. Pottering through town to join the A3, traffic doesn't really seem to register. Although its much lower than the Tiger, its about half the width so I was tucking through gaps I wouldn't have dreamed of on the Tiger. More than a coupe of people heard me coming before they saw me, yet more proof that loud pipes should be fitted as a standard safety feature! A chug down the A3 followed by a grin inducing twisty section through country lanes and I arrived at work, happy and smiling.

At 6'2 It seems to fit me fine, though the mirrors can barely make it around my elbows. First ride report; very happy with the bike.
C90, TS50, H100, H100, CB250, GS500, Tiger 955i, TRX850, Tuono, ZZR600, CBR954RR

ekoja
Site Sponsor

Re: First Ride Home, First commute

Post by ekoja » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Overlord Neil wrote:So I picked up my new TRX last night, after a nightmare couple of hours spent on several over crowded trains in full motorcycle kit (not quite Stig-esque but close enough) to get from Woking to Sidcup through London at peak rush-hour, with darkening skies threatening to literally rain on my parade. Sorted the last of the paper work, a quick debrief on the finer details of having a fuel tap and choke again, how to properly check the oil and the guys young daughter capitalizing on the fearsome output of open pipes to blow dandelions, I was off.

I was worried it would be buzzy at motorway cruising speeds, the Tiger would just sit there like a padded throne, but I was delighted to find the TRX felt totally at home, sitting at 80 running 5,000 rpm it took me several miles of pondering to realise there was another gear! The Tiger was geared for acceleration so it would sit at 80 in the 6k's, but dropping the TRX into top it sat there happy as a sand boy ticking along at 80 with 4,500 on the clocks, no buzz, no vibes, like it would be happy doing that all day every day. The traffic had all gone to bed by the time i got home so I'd have to wait till the morning to see what the commute would be like.

Up late (always a good start to the day) a bit of tinkering to get the D-Lock into the 'boot' then swing my leg over, fire it up and the smile is there straight away. Pottering through town to join the A3, traffic doesn't really seem to register. Although its much lower than the Tiger, its about half the width so I was tucking through gaps I wouldn't have dreamed of on the Tiger. More than a coupe of people heard me coming before they saw me, yet more proof that loud pipes should be fitted as a standard safety feature! A chug down the A3 followed by a grin inducing twisty section through country lanes and I arrived at work, happy and smiling.

At 6'2 It seems to fit me fine, though the mirrors can barely make it around my elbows. First ride report; very happy with the bike.
80 KPH at 4500 RPM seems to be revving a tad high.
A TRX on standard sprockets should be 107 KPH at 3750 RPM
Go Here
http://www.gearingcommander.com/

alextrx850
Site Sponsor

Post by alextrx850 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:03 am

Thought that myself Ashley..
Seems better if he's in the UK ...80 mph.

Overlord Neil
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by Overlord Neil » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:18 am

Yep, Blighty here so that be 80mph not kph. We're still stuck in a cross over between metric and imperial, some things are given as standard in imperial, others in metric... As usual we just expect everyone else to understand us!

Sorry for the confusion.
C90, TS50, H100, H100, CB250, GS500, Tiger 955i, TRX850, Tuono, ZZR600, CBR954RR