'Final' track day instructor gig... (R.I.P. MINE CIRCUIT)

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

'Final' track day instructor gig... (R.I.P. MINE CIRCUIT)

Post by tz250w » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 am

Well, what can I say. If you drive a Mazda, sell it... Because if I see it I'll probably throw a rock at it! :twisted:

Hiroshima based MAZDA bought 'MINE Circuit', the track I've called home ground (no, that's not why it's called "Mine"... it's pronounced me-ney) for the past 21 years. After the purchase, they announced they were closing it to make a private test facility! :evil: No more races, no more practice, no more track day instructing gigs (free practice time :P ) and most of all, no more 4hr Endurance race where the old T-Rex thumped its way to 2nd 'Superbike' last October...

We had our final track day event on 2/25 where I got to put on the yellow instructor vest and play for four sessions in the freezing cold on tires that we ran the 4hr race with. It was like riding on marbles until the tires cleaned themselves off a bit and warmed up to the temperature of a 20 minute old cup of coffee.

Just got some pictures of it today, nothing exciting... Fortunately you can't see the tears behind the dark shield.

TaZ (Max)

Triton

Post by Triton » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Max,

I feel for you. :( Something similar happened here in Sydney a couple of years back. Eastern Creek Raceway decided to award an exclusive contract to just one ride day provider. Suddenly the cost went from about $120 for 6 x 20 minute sessions in a day when there were three or four ride day companies to $229 with the new people!

Of course a lot of riders simply stopped going to the track, myself included, and I migrated to Oran Park (great circuit but bumpy and not the best place to crash! :oops: )

Anyhow, next Friday (18 August) I am attending my first rideday at Eastern Creek since the change as the monopolystic assh@le - I mean ride day provider - has realised he's f'ed up and has set new pricing - $147 for the day! Yay!

So, there's hope and I hope the Mazda/Mine circuit realises that lots of people riding on their track makes them money and one day you'll be back in heaven. 8)

Cheers,

Mark aka Triton.

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by tz250w » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Thanks Mark, nice to have someone that knows how it feels...

BTW, you might want to be careful mentioning Oran Park as a "great circuit"... Our newest member "krusty74" (Adam Furgesson, '04 Oz SBK / SS double champ, better known as "The Fuk'n Clown" :wink: ) might just eat you for lunch. He often groans about the tripple jumps and whoop sections there. :lol:

Korrect me if I'm wrong, Krusty... :wink:
TaZ (Max)

Triton

Post by Triton » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:54 am

Hey Max - when I said "great" I meant the layout, not the track surface which was ruined by the idiot owners allowing truck racing! Krusty's right about the whoops and triple jump - and you're right about the eating me for breakfast comment - Krusty eats most people for breakfast excepting a certain Stauffer brother... eh Adam?! :D

tz250w
TRX-Enthusiast

Stauffer...

Post by tz250w » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:59 pm

Hmmm...

Them's :boxing: word(s)!!! :wink:

So what is it Krusty? Tires? Too much Jim Beam? Been slackin' on the training? :lol:
TaZ (Max)

krusty74
TRX-Enthusiast

Post by krusty74 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 am

Hey Triton.....

:whoopass:

The year 'aint over yet!!!!!!!

and Max - probably a combination of all of em - hahaha