1/4 mile

Moderators: trixynut, Mincehead, dicky, phuk72, Jak, Kevtrx849

cycloneranger
Site Sponsor

1/4 mile

Post by cycloneranger » Wed May 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Entering my first sprint this weekend at Westernzoyland. Gone up two on the rear sprocket, should help it off the line. Think the fueling may be a bit rich at the top end, time will tell. Wish my crank luck [-o<
Keep calm and topp up the oil

phuk72
Site Sponsor / Administrator

Re: 1/4 mile

Post by phuk72 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:17 am

cycloneranger wrote:Entering my first sprint this weekend at Westernzoyland. Gone up two on the rear sprocket, should help it off the line. Think the fueling may be a bit rich at the top end, time will tell. Wish my crank luck [-o<
You'll have a ball.

Just make sure you ignore all of the sub 10 second fast and furious bullshit - anything under 12 seconds is quick for a TRX.

trixynut
Site Sponsor

Post by trixynut » Thu May 08, 2014 3:16 pm

Yep, you'll have a ball!!

Done Santa Pod twice on a run-what-u-brung day on the TRX and its a hoot.

Managed to get about 12.5 iirc as a best time on a standard geared bike with just some cans.

cycloneranger
Site Sponsor

Post by cycloneranger » Sat May 10, 2014 10:52 am

Well the good old UK weather put a stop to my fun. :( Never mind, gives me time to get the YZF suspension fitted before the next one end of June.

I'll be happy to run 12.5, I have a mate runs sub 10s runs on a Z1000 turbo :shock: Scares the crap out of me just watching him launch the thing off the line!

cycloneranger
Site Sponsor

Post by cycloneranger » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Well at long last i got out to my first sprint. Ran a best of 12.6 so happy with that for a first attempt :D
Bike ran without fault for the two days. Got a lot of interest from people who had a TRX, wanted a TRX or are looking to buy a TRX. And it looks like there may be another at the next meet at the end of July.
Also as a side note, met one of Jaks neighbours. Resisted the temptation to ask the whereabouts of this mystical creature :wink: